Thanks, Naiona!

Started by Larrath, March 01, 2007, 03:01:22 PM

Naiona was one hell of a good staffer, as much as my limited experience allowed me to see.  I interacted with her more as player-to-player, but whenever she was needed, she was simply available, helpful, and awesome.
There's not much else I can say; Naiona did impact my Arm experience very positively, but more as a player due to some very grisly interactions.

So thanks for everything, Naiona, and keep on eatin' dem brainz.

p.s.
Naiona - Are you going to stick around as a player?
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quotep.s.
Naiona - Are you going to stick around as a player?
Song brings of itself a cheerfulness that wakes the heart of joy." 
Euripides

Yeh, major props to Naiona. Hopefully you'll stick around as a player or come back and visit?

I only played in one Naiona clan... and that character only lasted a week... but you'll be missed anyway!

Hearing the news of Naiona's stepping down causes me to feel pity and sadness; on my behalf and on the behalf of all future players of Arm. for not having the opportunity to interact with such excellent people such as can be found on the staff of Armageddon.

Hope you stick around as a player.  Good luck to whatever it is that you're moving on to/making time for.  If it's the phenomenon known as "real life" stop back once in a while and tell us what it's like; I hear it's filled with stress.

*returns to his stress-free fantasy-land...at least until midterms start up*
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I was never in one of your clans Naiona, but I'm sorry to see you go and wish you good luck! And you ought to stay around as a player! XOXO Thanks for all you've contributed to the game as an imm and player, as well. I know your clans are always rockin'.
You do know that MUDsex is not a coded skill, right? -Nidhogg

Why, oh why hast thou abandoned thine brain eating ways, Naiona?
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Naiona is leaving? Wow...

Let's just say I enjoyed our times sitting in the garden together, planning to take over the world! You were/are a great player, and playing with and under yourself and Tlaloc was probably the highlight of my time here with ArmageddonMUD.

You made me a better player in the end, I'd like to think.

I pray you succeed in your future endeavors.

What?! Are you still going to be around as a player?
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Our interaction was limited, but it was always rewarding on my end.

Luck in all you do, Naiona.

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

We had some romantic interludes, I don't think she was often that pleased with my performance.  Thanks Naiona!
ogues do it from behind

No one quits, no one!

That said, thanks Naiona, for showing me what playing a mul was all about.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

I think Naiona once called me a junkie.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Thanks for all the support and assistance. Always enjoyed the interaction. You will most definitely be missed.

-Spiegel

The game will definitely be different with you gone.  You will be missed.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

The time I have spent in your clans, and the interactions I've had with you have always been very good. Sorry to see you step down, but hopefully you'll stick around as a player.

That said, good luck with your IRL endeavors, no matter what.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

You know you've got a good staff member when she catches you twinking at 4pm on Christmas Day.

You'll be missed, Miss Naiona!

I must say, I do feel much safer.....
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

You'll be missed here..  Good luck with whatever goes on with you on the other side of cyber-hell.

Hallak...

Thank you all so much for your kind words.  

Being on the staff of Armageddon was a great experience, and I will miss it.  I was really glad that with the help of pretty much half the staff, we were able to give you a last RPT before I went.

For those of you who played in my clans over the years - I enjoyed working with all of you.  I think the most fun part for me was watching your characters grow into "real" people, as unique to their Armageddon role as the players behind them are in real life.   Well, that and the momentary triumph after killing Halaster - that short limbo before the inevitable series of horrific deaths to come.  The staff on this game are amazing people and hanging out with them was a wonderful experience.  I will really msis them.

Many of you interacted with me as a player rather than a staff member, and those will probably be some of my best memories in the long term.  I only played two characters that most of you knew (and no, I won't name them), but those two lived ungodly long lives and were tons of fun to play.  I remember my first encounter with a magicker  - which surprised and scared me so much that I screamed in real life and knocked a cup of coffee over on my desk - and I hope that people are still getting that kind of rush in game.  I also remember my first encounter with a templar - and how that influenced how I played all my characters from that point on.  When I played my second long-lived character, I tried to bring that kind of uniqueness and menace to her, though I doubt I succeeded in matching the example I was emulating.

I do have a living character somewhere in the world right now.  I haven't played her for a while, but as things ease up at work I might rejoin you all for these last few months.

Thank you all again for some amazing years.  I enjoyed eating your brainz immensely, but I ran out of ketchup.
brainz: it's what's for dinner.

Man, I get sad whenever an imm or a player leaves the game.

You are both!

I hope you square your RL work, and find time to squeze in for Arm Naiona.  See you around!
some of my posts are serious stuff

I was not able to spend time for ARM for a while, yet learning Naiona will not be around, when I return some day makes me feel really sad...
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT