Uh... can't connect

Started by Gristhart, February 24, 2007, 12:13:07 AM

Yeah... I was playing and it just dropped, yet my friend is still playing.

I'm playing right now.

So, let's think about it.  Can you connect to Yahoo! ?

Did you accidentally unplug your modem?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

try completely closing your mud client, and then trying to reconnect.  Just had an issue like this myself where it would give the :

Connected to host ginka.armageddon.org

but wouldn't go any further.

No, i can't connect to the site (www.armageddon.org) or the mud client. It completely fails to connect. and my modem is still plugged in or i wouldnt be talking on here.

mansa wins yet another thread.

Try closing your internet connection completely and recon. I'll get the occasional problem where I just can't connect until I restart or reconnect.

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

No, the game is basically acting like it does when it crashes, except it seems like its only me. The bad thing is is that I was doing something really important IG and have the possibility of dying at the hands of an NPC and possibly a PC.

Can you connect using the IP address?

64.252.79.51:4050 ?

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Did you change anything to your system, or install anything on your system within the last week?

Uh... that wouldn't matter. First of all, I was playing just 20 minutes ago, second of all I am able to play on other muds.

There was a similar problem the other week, where some people couldn't connect for a few hours, but others could. I don't know why.
b]YB <3[/b]

It's probably a router somewhere between you and the MUD.  Other players might be going through a different router.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

What exactly should I do then... because I've been playing for more than a year now and this hasn't happened before and now it just starts all of a sudden. I can't even connect to the site, that doesn't seem to be a router problem.

Wow... I typed in IE armageddon.org instead of www.armageddon.org and everything started working again, weird.

Can't connect. anyone else have a problem?

Wow... I've never had the mud decide to disconnect me before.   :shock:
Quote from: saquartey
Rairen, what would we do without you?

Well, shit. And there goes my character app...
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: "Finster"Who in the gotdamn piss hell crashed the fuckin' mud?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

and there it goes for the 4th time today
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

*wonders what's wrong*
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Again! Seriously, WTF?
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

5 times
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Whoever has typed in the same command 5 times today, only to have the mud crash immediately after...please stop.  :wink:

These crashes are eating my Brainz out.  :roll:
Song brings of itself a cheerfulness that wakes the heart of joy." 
Euripides