People leaving Arm?

Started by Tulana, November 22, 2006, 11:44:51 AM

Arm has been going lower and lower on topmudlists.com as well as rpimud.com . What's going on??

:(

Just don't leave. And it'll all be better soon.

I don't think it's actually people leaving, I think it's more like people dying in the game and not really wanting to create a new character until the new game comes out.

When I play the game, I tend to try very hard to vote twice a day, but if I'm not playing, then I just totally forget about it or tend to vote for the game I'm trying at the moment.

A gamer's loyalty is a very fickle thing  :oops:
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

*crosses fingers for special app to be approved*
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

We are also coming up on Thanksgiving weekend in the US. For college students (which many ARM players are), that means traveling and being with family rather than ARMing. Older players are probably going to be busy with their families and such. So I wouldn't be surprised to see a lower or erratic population right now and over the weekend.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I noticed that in my usual playing times number of players dropped in last week to 1/2-2/3 of what I was used to in last few months. But I keep hoping things will get better again.

Our ranking on TMS might also be lower because it just reset -- go vote!

And maybe the lower numbers are due to the Thanksgiving holiday in the USA right now?

I dunno, we can hope. I still have faith.

There are several people who have quit over the announcement. I know a few myself. And many more who said they will play out their current characters, but not make another, because they have no interest in Arm2.

That's just dumb.  They have no interest in arm 2.  I mean, of all the childish things.  All we know about arm 2 at this point for sure is it isn't a carbon copy of current arm.  Arm 2 could be the most awesome thing ever that they would love forever and ever.  We just don't know at this point.

Quote from: "UnderSeven"That's just dumb.  They have no interest in arm 2.  I mean, of all the childish things.  All we know about arm 2 at this point for sure is it isn't a carbon copy of current arm.  Arm 2 could be the most awesome thing ever that they would love forever and ever.  We just don't know at this point.

I'm with UnderSeven. That IS pretty childish. What are they thinking?  :roll:

And again.. the new Arm doesn't come out for.. seven.. eight months?

Man, I'm very likely going to have 3 or 4 different chars before arm closes. All you long time char hoggers need to live a little and enjoy some danga! Also, holidays have traditionally had a huge affect on pbases, much like early fall with students heading back to school eh. It'll pick up again :)
Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.
- Arthur Golden

dont forget its school season, i would be on every other day by i am in college
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

QuoteI'm with UnderSeven. That IS pretty childish. What are they thinking?

I'll tell you what I'm thinking, and this is from the point of someone who has played many years, had chars who lived over 2 RL years and votes twice a day obesessively.

If you've ever been in love (including parents), it's like having your special person in the hospital, dying slowly with a date set. And you guys are all excited about 2.lover. Well I'm not. I'm not trying to threaten that I'm leaving or something, I will definately try 2.arm, but at the end of the day it's not 1.arm.

What's your favourite book? I know mine. I know that I like the other books that author has done alot. But they still are not my -favourite-

What are we loosing here? Depends on who you are. I think we'll loose some people and gain some people. But that might be why people leave.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

QuoteI'm with UnderSeven. That IS pretty childish. What are they thinking?

I find it odd to call someone's behaviour childish just because s/he doesn't want to do something, such as play some mud. Similary, I find odd when people call me childish because I -do- play some mud (and some do that irl).

I don't vote on the sites because the voting sites' code isn't supported in my browser. :/
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

We can vote for ARM? WHERE?!?! I did not know of this...
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Been here for a week, haven't played much at all, just too few people online when I play, and those you meet are visibly just waiting for more people to log on as the peak hours approach. It's hard to have grand adventure and drama when everyone is waiting for someone.

Quote from: "Plumbum"Been here for a week, haven't played much at all, just too few people online when I play, and those you meet are visibly just waiting for more people to log on as the peak hours approach. It's hard to have grand adventure and drama when everyone is waiting for someone.

I play off-peak hours all the time. It depends on where your character is, I guess... if you're in Red Storm that would explain it. Even though I LOVE Red Storm, not much happens there. :(

Allanak's usually the busiest for obvious reasons, but Tuluk has been happenin' lately.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I haven't felt a lot of motivation to play the game since the announcement.  I think I've logged on once or twice since Sanvean's post.  I fully support the new game, intend to play it, and will help write it if I can, but now that I know when the old one is going to die, the spark seems lost.  Sorry?
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I lost the spark for a bit

And then I forgot about the confusion and started playing again.

I think the General Discussion Board sucked my life away.

Therefore - Stop reading the GDB and your Armageddon life gets better.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "Gunnerblaster"We can vote for ARM? WHERE?!?! I did not know of this...

You see those two buttons on top of the Forum Index page with VOTE in big letters?  ;)  Clicky clicky.

Quote from: "mansa"I lost the spark for a bit

And then I forgot about the confusion and started playing again.

I think the General Discussion Board sucked my life away.

Therefore - Stop reading the GDB and your Armageddon life gets better.

Agreed. I've quite actually trying to keep up with the Reborn thread. I peek, about once a week if that. Look for anything of true importance, scan a couple threads. And move on. It's such a giant clusterfuck I don't even try to take an active part in keeping up with everything everyone has to say.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Did you read my post?

How about the line which said:

Quotenot wanting to play any more muds.  none of which include, 'arm 2 sucks'.

Quote from: "UnderSeven"You can be bitter arm is closing, that's fine with me, but saying you won't try the new game simply because it isn't arm, that's just silly.  There are plenty of good reasons not to do it.  That isn't one of them.

I disagree. "I am not going to play any other mud than current Armageddon" is not strange decision and there is nothing childish with it. Myself, I did not try any other muds since I started playing Arm simply because I love Arm and do not want to try any other game. I understand everyone who has similar feelings about Arm2 now. I simply hope they will not be able to resist urge to try it at the end and perhaps they (or we all) will get addicted to the new game.

And, to be honest, I hope players are not really going to leave Arm1 now. I wish this silence is just because of thanksgiving and not because of half of playerbase decided not to play.