The North... :(

Started by , March 04, 2003, 06:02:22 PM

Quote from: "Carnage"In the south, there's a templar/soldier every few rooms. It represents Tektolnes's grip on the city by the balls.

Is that really a bad thing?

Depends on the grip.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I seem to have managed to piss off some very renowned people.  This wasn't my intent, but I have gotten the replies I seeked, thanks.

Tuluk is an awesome town.  It has the whole "Horn of Plenty" notion to it right now.  It's like the golden age of Tuluk, really.

As for populations up there, Tuluk can always grow, but I'd like to see the smaller cities grow, including the very smallest - RSE, RS, Luirs, and perhaps a couple of the farm/Hamlets around Nak to have a core group of five to six users.  It really would be nice to see the small cities have a good group of players in them to add the dynamism they need to be enjoyable.

But as for Tuluk - don't change a thing, I love that town.  Only question now is - should it still be called Freil's Rest?

Quote from: "Jenred"repeating: a mass of buildings, lotsa confusing roads, taverns and all the other stuff that makes Allanak allanak.

I think that's just...a city.

Quote from: "Jenred"I really dont care if its another giant city made of different stuff, that doesnt make it any less appealing, I just think they couldve done well with a smaller, more organized town.

Actually I like it the way it is now. I see it as more of a sprawling suburbia, more space between buildings and more open spaces. Furthermore, other than the Merchant's Quarter, the city is meticulously organized and laid out in a fairly rigid city plan. The only really annoying thing, for me, is the inability to walk/ride straight through the city to the vineyard-It's much more convenient to make the trek outside the walls. Well, and the fact that it takes sooo long to get -anywhere-.

Quote from: "Jenred"I dont understand where all these people came from to populate this city that matches the size of Allanak.

All of a sudden in a few years since the take over there is a thriving society of merchants and crafters (the poet's circle) flourishing noble houses, and all this other stuff that seems to have appeared from the woodwork. I understand that alot were in hiding... but I think its a little much.

These people were all around already, it's just that the city was more a collection of villages and tent cities, spread across the land. Also, some likely were in Luir's, and perhaps came back. Also, I could be mistaken, but I believe it's been more than a 'few years'.

Quote from: "Jenred"Anyways its too late, butI wouldve muched like to see a smaller nicer type of town, maybe a smaller allanak... not a larger one.

I guess the last bastian of simple country life is everyone's favorite town on the hill...

I think it is smaller, if you look at it the right way. Like I said above, I see it as a sprawling suburbia with lots of open space.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "gfair"should it still be called Freil's Rest?

People are calling the city Freil's Rest? I always (And people I played with in the old Northlands) called the village (now the area with the Kadian shops and Firestorm Pub, referred to also as the Kadian Village) Freil's Rest, and the rest of the area Gol Krathu.

Quote from: "Delerak"Where is the cultural difference, I never see any, everyone plays the same in the North as they do in the south, it always has to do with the players, and the players can't understand how to play Northlanders I guess.

Wow. I would personally say that there's a huge difference, one that I've noticed nearly from the beginning of the PC population boom in Tuluk. Tuluk is definitely, at least outwardly, a much kinder and gentler place than Allanak, and certainly more cultured, especially in the common populace.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "Tony"
People are calling the city Freil's Rest?

No, people are still calling what used to be Freil's Rest by the same name.  But with it really just an area of Tuluk now, no more or less distinct than the Commons or Tribal or the Ruins, is the name still Freil's Rest?  Why not Freil's Plaza, or some other type of new name.

I guess its like referring to it as a neighborhood...

just like i might live in Dullsville, but if Im giving directions I might say:
Boring Hill in Dullsville.

Like Freils Rest in Tuluk... not sure, sounds okay.

From what I understand, the village is still Freil's.
Quote from: "[url=http://www.armageddon.org/intro/north.htmlWhat you know[/url]"]
While your sense of Tuluk's history is skimpy, you do know something about how its smaller villages were created. After the destruction of Tuluk in the Nineteenth Age, the estate of one of the Kadian merchants, Medichi, served as the focal point for Kadian trading activity. Many of the craftsfolk from Tuluk itself settled in this small village, which became known as Freil's Rest. This village has become the mercantile district of the newly constructed city-state and now houses the estates of all the major merchant Houses.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Overall I like New Tuluk, and I'd like to say "Good job!" to all those who worked so hard and continue still to work hard to improve upon the game.

The biggest difference I see between Tuluk and Allanak is that the people who reside in New Tuluk work together alot more to better themselves and the city...unlike the harsh nobles and templars, backstabbing coniving people of Allanak.

Who knows, maybe one day Tuluk's army and more combative groups might just take a trip down south to return the favors the southerners visited some time ago...'cept the people of Tuluk working together with less infighting than the southerners would do alot better job!

Heehee, just having a little fun folks
-jhunter

QuoteIn the south, there's a templar/soldier every few rooms. It represents Tektolnes's grip on the city by the balls.
Is that really a bad thing?
Depends on the grip.
Be afraid, Southrons.   Muk Utep's minions of doom approach to sever that link.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]