Critters Missing / Respawn

Started by Halaster, August 13, 2006, 08:44:49 AM

I know I've read in a couple of different threads about people saying there are some critters/npc's who only seem to spawn after a reboot and never again (and are subsequently hunted right away).

If you know of (or suspect) any critters that are like this, please email me and let me know what they are, where they are, or whatever other details you know, and I'll look into fixing that.   Now that we have "SimDesert Lite" this can be very easily fixed - and in fact some common creatures have already been switched to being handled by it.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

As we're going through and adding this to more and more critters, you may (or may not) notice changes.  NPC's that seemed to be getting wiped out right after reboot never to be seen again will be respawning.  Some respawn quickly, some respawn slowly.  There are even some more "rare" type critters that may only be found during certain times of the year.  Or you may see that certain types of critters migrate and can be found in one area during one part of the year, and another area during another part of the year.

All these things are now possible and actually being implemented in the game.

If you notice any oddities with any of these, please email me and Tlaloc (we're the ones setting most of this up).

Halaster... that is the most awesome thing I've ever heard... I think I'm in love.

What about plants/world items that don't respawn?
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

I've always thought it would be cool if there was some sort of huge, yearly stampede migration across the known world of some sort of wildebeast equivalent like you see on nature films from africa.

This is sexy.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

I shall never again leave the life of a ranger.  Halaster, you spoil me.

Oh my garsh.  I love this.  Love, love it.
eel the wetness of her tongue that slides across my skin
the viruses crawl over me and feel for some way in

acid bath

Quote from: "Cegar"What about plants/world items that don't respawn?

We're doing NPC's.  That's what this thread is about.  Not objects/plants.  However, there is code that's fairly recent that will make fruit-bearing plants respawn their fruits over time.  You can even water the plants to make them grow faster.  A lot of plants have these scripts already in place, but there still plenty that don't.  Nusku has been adding it to plants as he goes along.

This is that crap that makes the Staff on this game second to none.

Good work, and thanks.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

/me likes to leave for a short while so he can be more impressed by all the changes when he returns.

Quote from: "Halaster"You can even water the plants to make them grow faster.  A lot of plants have these scripts already in place, but there still plenty that don't.  Nusku has been adding it to plants as he goes along.

Hah, I just noticed this about the pour command. <3 IT!
Amor Fati

This is pimp.  So, what time of year do the mekillots migrate to their
new natural habitat just outside the 'nakki gates to feed on 'sid miners?

Quote from: "Halaster"
Quote from: "Cegar"What about plants/world items that don't respawn?

We're doing NPC's.  That's what this thread is about.  Not objects/plants.  However, there is code that's fairly recent that will make fruit-bearing plants respawn their fruits over time.  You can even water the plants to make them grow faster.  A lot of plants have these scripts already in place, but there still plenty that don't.  Nusku has been adding it to plants as he goes along.

Have my babies Nusku.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes