Rescue skrewed attacker

Started by Maybe42or54, April 23, 2006, 10:36:05 PM

My idea is a simple one, when you get skilled enough at rescueing anyone, you can target who you want to rescue them from. Why? Because there are just times when you don't want to pull all 10 guys off the noble and die instantly. You only want to pick the little one off that is hanging around the back. Not the Mul and all nine people assisting it.

The noble is here, fighting the burly, buff mul.
The burly, buff mul is here, fighting the noble.
The dull black scorpion is here, fighting the noble.
The shrimpy, pale man is here, fighting the noble.
The big, bad-ass bynner is here, fighting the burly, buff mul.
The built half giant is here, fighting the burly, buff mul.
The lanky armed gith is here, fighting the noble.
The twitching gemmer is here, fighting the noble.

rescue noble shrimpy
You heroically get the attention from the shrimpy, pale man.
You bludgeon the shrimpy, pale man, breaking his skull.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Yessir. I like that.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Yeah, I think this is a good idea.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Oh....yes.  Absolutely you should.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

I'd like to see this improvement also.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

As the one likely to be playing the shrimpy guy, this sucks.

Otherwise, yeah.. good ideas.. something of an assist rolloff or some such?

Or maybe we should just look at Harshlands for once, and do what they do -- It is more logical to draw one person at a time then it is 40 anway.  How do you play distracting them, smashing your greatsword into the ground and doing an earthquake? I mean c'mon!
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Quote from: "FightClub"Or maybe we should just look at Harshlands for once, and do what they do -- It is more logical to draw one person at a time then it is 40 anway.  How do you play distracting them, smashing your greatsword into the ground and doing an earthquake? I mean c'mon!

But when you rescue, you only rescue for one person anyway, not all.  Does not it work so anyway?
some of my posts are serious stuff

Awesome idea.

Edited to add:  And your example was hilarious.

I think the most important feature of this idea is the ability to choose the person you pull off. If Ken is fighting three gith and a mul and I know he can't handle the mul but he can handle the gith, I should be able to at least try to pull the mul off of him instead of the gith.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"I think the most important feature of this idea is the ability to choose the person you pull off. If Ken is fighting three gith and a mul and I know he can't handle the mul but he can handle the gith, I should be able to at least try to pull the mul off of him instead of the gith.

In that case, yes, it does sound totally reasonable and a good idea.
some of my posts are serious stuff

I support this idea wholeheartedly.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

What kind of a noble is capable of surviving that many people attacking him longer then a person can type "rescue noble shrimpy" huh, huh, huh?

Otherwise ... I dont really have any feelings about it, for I cant even imagine the experience, but .... I dont see any negative sides to it. It actually allows one to play a cowardly bodyguard

A black beetle is here, fighting the noble
A grey-shelled scrab is here, fighting the noble
A cute tiny jozhal is here, fighting the noble.

rescue noble .... jozhal

Think Uhh, yeah. I'm helping, I deserve the food that noble WAS putting on my table.

This will be in next reboot.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

*dies*

And it isn't from you stopping the jozhal from killing me, folker.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Wicked.  Thank Morgenes!  Will it be as a branching skill, or just possible period?
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

Quote from: "Aldiel"Wicked.  Thank Morgenes!  Will it be as a branching skill, or just possible period?

Only skilled rescuerers will be able to do this.   If you specify who to rescue them from but don't have the skill, you'll still rescue them, just not necessarily from whom you specified.

Clear?
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: "Morgenes"This will be in next reboot.
Wow, thanks Morgenes.

Quote from: "John"Wow, thanks Morgenes.

The rescue helpfile will be updated.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Thank you.... yet again.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

*was all :arrow: -ME-*

Yep, thank me my people, me me me me, never possible without me, and Morg -- well he just does the paperwork, I turn it in.  :twisted:
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Man, waste no time! Awesome!
Amor Fati

Quote from: "Morgenes"The rescue helpfile will be updated.

The rescue helpfile has been updated.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Maybe, I was thinking about this and it's amazing, I feel this changes combat tactics so much more than even adding stamina to kick/bash/etc.  This really could change how large groups in game fight.  And thanks to you Morg for implementing this so fast.

Also could you update this on staff announcements or the recent news deal?  I had sort of ignored this thread and was really amazed to find out this got implemented so fast.  Kudos.

That's simply hot.  8)