Whoa!

Started by Larrath, April 05, 2006, 04:11:04 PM

I can't wait for halflings to open again. Most fun I've had with a pc, they're so different from -anything- else.

I'd love to give gith a try. I hope they're one of the ones being considered.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I would love to play a gith.

ALL YOUR BYN ARE BELONG TO ME

Quote from: "Delirium"I would love to play a gith.

Ok, that's it, I'm sticking to the city types.   :shock:

Gith seems like it would be an awesome clan to try, or halflings too, for that matter. Still...I vote for opening the tregil clan. *nod*
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Isn't that a cheat from warcraft 3?

ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO US

??

Anyway, halflings -- Tight, probably won't play one because I'm more into politics than isolation and eating people.

Closing noble houses: Depends on the house.

Borsail should stay open, definently, with naiona running it? Heck yeah, borsail is awesome, northern houses? Not quite sure.
Southern houses? Keep them ;-)

But at any rate, awesome things are going on at armageddon lately..
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Quote from: "cyberpatrol_735"

Isn't that a cheat from warcraft 3?

ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO US

In the interests of historical accuracy:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us

Noooo, not more iso clans. *weeps*
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

I would love to see gith re-opened, I have actually had a pc tell me recently..."There are no gith in the desert"...this would change thier minds real quick about the realism of dangers in Zalanthas.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I'm curious what karma level halflings (and gith?) will be set at.  Or if they'd only be special ap.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I suspect Gith will be at 5 karma, the same as lightning and shadow elementalist, and Halflings will be at 6 karma, the same as void elementalist.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "flurry"I'm curious what karma level halflings (and gith?) will be set at.  Or if they'd only be special ap.

I doubt they'll be given a karma level.  Halflings AFAIK were special app only the last time they were opened.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cuusardo"
Quote from: "flurry"I'm curious what karma level halflings (and gith?) will be set at.  Or if they'd only be special ap.

I doubt they'll be given a karma level.  Halflings AFAIK were special app only the last time they were opened.

That was for a test run Cuusardo. I'd think that if they are opening them up on a more permanent basis it would be special app at first and then probably a karma option.
*shrug*
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Their return grows near. Halflings and Gith? Pssh. Feeding day and night their food supply is slowly dwindling. They continue to grow in number and size as the Queen continues to lay her eggs. It's only a matter of time..before the clutch returns.

- Mantis -

They've laid dormant for far too long in their secluded nest within the far reaches of the known world. I think it's time for them to leave another mark on the delicate flower that we know as Zalanthas.

:twisted:

- Matt.

My bet is 2 karma for Gith (like Rukkian/Vivaduan) and 3 karma for Halflings (like Half-Giants).  Making them a very high-karma Race would mean their population would be pretty damn thin.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

My personal bet is any iso-clan will be special app only with a moderately limited playerbase.  But then again I'm thinking only halflings will be reopened and involved in some sort of major plotline (hopefully making them work with desert elf tribes or something).

Then the two noble houses in the North will be closed (makes no sense to remove one from each city, that'd just stifle noble RP more) and House Fale would be reopened.  That way Allanak has four bickering Houses to choose from.

As for gith vs mantis...I'd do with whichever one would realistically have more involvement with the playerbase.  If the gith were active and could have limited interaction with the world other than raiding (in Red Storm, through the Red Fangs, etc.) that'd be alright.  If the mantis had something better to do than just sit in their valley all day (like an all out war on desert elves) then I'd be down with that too.

Damn I hope they decide to close two noble houses.

If one of those houses was Borsail, I would be very sad, but that would be balanced by my sheer delight at the fact that any noble house besides Borsail is also going to be closed.
Back from a long retirement

I hope Kurac closes.

*hates Kurac*

Or Gypsys

*hates Gypsys*

Or Lesbians

*hates Lesbians*
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

The fatal flaw of the PC gith, mantis and halfling of yesteryear had been a lack of common culture and opportunity for non-combative interaction.

Halflings, gith or mantis meeting up with any other PC race usually resulted in trouble of some kind because the races were so different culturally that there wasn't room enough for peace.  No peace, delicate or otherwise, means that these characters, no matter how well played or conceived, would eventually devolve into PK encounters with the rest of the world.

If each of these civilizations were to develop the potential to interact peacefully with even a portion of the PC playerbase, then I think they could become a staple part of the gameworld again.  Until that time, however, it's just a passing fancy until they meet up with a non-gith, non-halfling, non-mantis.

-LoD

Quote from: "LoD"The fatal flaw of the PC gith, mantis and halfling of yesteryear had been a lack of common culture and opportunity for non-combative interaction.

Halflings, gith or mantis meeting up with any other PC race usually resulted in trouble of some kind because the races were so different culturally that there wasn't room enough for peace.  No peace, delicate or otherwise, means that these characters, no matter how well played or conceived, would eventually devolve into PK encounters with the rest of the world.

If each of these civilizations were to develop the potential to interact peacefully with even a portion of the PC playerbase, then I think they could become a staple part of the gameworld again.  Until that time, however, it's just a passing fancy until they meet up with a non-gith, non-halfling, non-mantis.

-LoD

I don't think it would crumble to that right away. Plots might be more interesting with some direct D-Elf vs Gith, AoD vs Gith items. I could see a some creative Imm collaboration making some coolness here. For example setting up new oasis water supply somewhere and and having both Allanak and a large Gith tribe struggle to control it.

Might be what we're all missing. Some open conflict rather then hidden stuff.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "LoD"The fatal flaw of the PC gith, mantis and halfling of yesteryear had been a lack of common culture and opportunity for non-combative interaction.

Halflings, gith or mantis meeting up with any other PC race usually resulted in trouble of some kind because the races were so different culturally that there wasn't room enough for peace.

It doesn't help that these three races have been labeled by Tektolnes an
"Axis of Elementalism" and he has accused them of trading in Weapons of
Magickal Destruction.  He's already started petitioning the United Northlands
for the authority to make sure they don't threaten the culture, and economy,
of Known World.

Seriously, how do you expect them to react?

Quote from: "jmordetsky"I don't think it would crumble to that right away. Plots might be more interesting with some direct D-Elf vs Gith, AoD vs Gith items. I could see a some creative Imm collaboration making some coolness here. For example setting up new oasis water supply somewhere and and having both Allanak and a large Gith tribe struggle to control it.

Might be what we're all missing. Some open conflict rather then hidden stuff.

By "struggle to control it", you're referring to basically exactly what LoD said things would crumble to - violence. Unless you think there's some possibility of Allanak and Large PC Gith Tribe sitting down and negotiating about said oasis and working out ways to share it. I really don't see that happening. It's far more likely you would just have bands of militia/templars and bands of gith running around said oasis raiding and PKing each other.

I'm with what LoD said. If you gave halflings/gith/mantis cultures the reasons to coexist with the rest of the world WITHOUT resorting to "I want to kill/eat you", I think they could add something interesting to plots and the gameworld. Otherwise, I don't think there is potential for anything besides a bunch of fighting.
subdue thread
release thread pit

If (when) halfings come in, it'll pretty much kill any desire I ever had to play a northern character, because I'd lay money down that they eventually get bored and start raiding.

Not my cup of spiced tea.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Quote from: "Jherlen"If you gave halflings/gith/mantis cultures the reasons to coexist with the rest of the world WITHOUT resorting to "I want to kill/eat you", I think they could add something interesting to plots and the gameworld. Otherwise, I don't think there is potential for anything besides a bunch of fighting.

While yes, the RP between the races is pretty slim to none, I do like the
added element of danger of having PC gith and PC halflings around. It's
just crazy kool.

- Ktavialt

Quote from: "Cale_Knight"If (when) halfings come in, it'll pretty much kill any desire I ever had to play a northern character, because I'd lay money down that they eventually get bored and start raiding.

What, you don't think being a canibalistic hippy would be exciting?  :D  I am curious about how they will be integrated, should be interesting.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"
Quote from: "Cale_Knight"If (when) halfings come in, it'll pretty much kill any desire I ever had to play a northern character, because I'd lay money down that they eventually get bored and start raiding.

What, you don't think being a canibalistic hippy would be exciting?  :D  I am curious about how they will be integrated, should be interesting.

Do halflings smoke spice?

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

There is one clan I'm personally hoping for the return of, but I'm not sure
it's a publically known clan.  We lost it during consolidation, and I was
never convinced that it had to remain entirely iso myself.  Those of you
from way back probably know which clan I'm referring to, especially if
you were in it, and probably can tell exactly why it would be nice to have
them back.

Yes, I know it's cryptic.  But I'd rather not get in trouble for letting the
quirri out of the bag when said clan is not meant to be known by the
general populace.