Whoa!

Started by Larrath, April 05, 2006, 04:11:04 PM

This from Sanvean's blog.

GEEK ALERT GEEK ALERT

I finally put together the details of the clan rotations and posted them today. Here's some details for the gossip-minded Armageddonites.

Benefits of going to this clan rotation system, which I want to try for two years.
*Easier clan running. Raesanos's request tool should also help with this immensely.
*Broadening the staff's overall knowledge of the game.
*Making clan transitions smoother for staff and players.
*Standardizing the ways in which we run clans.

Other Notes:
We're going to keep Haruch Kemad and Anyali closed and reopen two other clans, both of them ones players have been calling for.

We may be closing two noble houses.

Most of the changes will take place after the AIM, which gives ppl some time to write up clan notes and prepare to hand over reins as needed.

At least one staff member currently with each clan will continue with it, so it shouldn't be a horrible shock to players.

We will be closing the Atrium until after the AIM, at which point it will reopen with Morgenes and Vanth running it.

Nusku, Olgaris, Rimius and I will be reopening halflings. Don't start sending halfling apps until we post the call. (This is one of the two reopening clans.)

We will plan on taking on a few new people in a hiring round that we will advertise post AIM.

And I say, whoa.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I noticed that too, but didn't want to start a panic.  Oh well.  Let the rampant cries of despair and speculation begin.

Quote from: "Larrath"And I say, whoa.

Yep. That about sums up my feelings.

I can't believe there haven't been a flurry of posts on this yet!
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Which Noble Houses are closing?  Does anyone have any idea?
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

Quote from: "Medena"
Quote from: "Larrath"And I say, whoa.

Yep. That about sums up my feelings.

I can't believe there haven't been a flurry of posts on this yet!

Well now there has.  Or at least a post of flurry. (Ha ha.)

I'm wondering what the other clan might be, that players have been calling for.

edit to add:  When is the AIM anyway, since all this wonderfulness is taking place after it?
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

My best guesses: Gith or Blackwing.

Seems like a shame to close two noble clans and replace them with iso clans.  Maybe Sanvean has something special in mind, though, that will let halflings and this other clan be more interactive with the rest of the world.

Wild speculation:

What if two noble houses were closed but ONE was re-opened?

I've had Fale fantasies since starting on Arm!
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

*weeps over the demise of the Haruch Kemad*

So would this mean that we'd have no city elf tribes in the game at all?  I guess time will tell.

*~[grins evily]~*

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Glad to hear the Atrium is opening back up.  It is so game necessary.
Whenever I play a house servant type, I always hook up with them.  It makes sense.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

My guess is Winrothal and Borsail.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Nah... it would make more sense to close BOTH Noble Houses up North to players.  Not really necessary to Tuluki culture.  Maybe even counterproductive.  Let the Chosen be virtual and NPC constructs.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

The dates for the AIM are May 13th-May 20th.

And no, we're not telling you where it is, so forget your dreams of crashing it. ;)

However, we usually return from it with lots of dastardly collaborative ideas, so you have something to look forward to!
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

I heard it's in California.

In Hollywood.

In a movie theather back alleyway.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"My best guesses: Gith or Blackwing.

Seems like a shame to close two noble clans and replace them with iso clans.  Maybe Sanvean has something special in mind, though, that will let halflings and this other clan be more interactive with the rest of the world.

That's sort of how I feel too.

Sanvean: Are these just ideas that -might- happen, or are they pretty much set in stone? Will player input be asked for on any of it?

To Sanvean/Staff, I'm starting to get a feel as to why certain changes
may be taking place. I got a question, sort of, for that:

Would it be fair to say that a factor of certain clan closings/openings is
the relevancy of whether the clan needs to have PC's within them to
game-wise represent their possible actions as guided by IC events that
make them more necessary now than before?

In other words, what was an iso-clan before may not necessarily be as
much an iso clan in the near future, and is kind of important now, so lets
put players in it?

- Ktavialt

Uh...what?

I'm very confused by that question, heh.
Tlaloc
Legend

i am joe's amused bewilderment
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "Tlaloc"Uh...what?

Alright, nevermind =)

Quote from: "Tlaloc"Uh...what?

I'm pretty sure Ktavialt was asking in more or less: If an iso-clan like the halfling race is reopened, will it begin to play a more major role in game plots for those PCs?  Will they also become less of an iso-clan and be able to interact with the rest of the playerbase?

I actually think this is an important question.  I wouldn't mind one iso-clan being opened but I don't think they'd bring much to the game world unless they started playing an active role in it somehow.  Then again it's stupid to say anything before a real announcement is made, this is just food for thought if it hasn't been considered.

I think..maybe.. what he's saying is:

Does the staff open clans to further plot arcs and close others when they have less of a role to play?

But that's just a guess as to what he meant. I don't think the staff does this, but who am I to say.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Quote from: "Seeker"Nah... it would make more sense to close BOTH Noble Houses up North to players.  Not really necessary to Tuluki culture.  Maybe even counterproductive.  Let the Chosen be virtual and NPC constructs.

I agree with this pretty strongly.  Consolidating noble roles to one city or the other would be a very positive move in my mind.

Additionally, GITH GITH GITH GITH.

I've gotten a shit-ton of roleplay from Tuluki nobles.

Yes, I said shit-ton.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Move more of the Pcs from Noble houses to Bard circles and everything is better.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime