Work in progress -- New way to submit requests

Started by Raesanos, March 11, 2006, 09:06:57 PM

After sending in a response, the next button doesn't do anything.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I'd like it if the tool would go back to step 1 once a request was completed and you click finish, instead of sending us back to the main page. Would be handy if you wanted to make multiple requests at once.
subdue thread
release thread pit

I agree.  The last step should bring you back full circle rather than to the main Arm page.

Also, I'm not sure we need to see the finish button while the "next" button is still active, nor the "next" button before "finish."

I would just change their names / function depending on state and remove one of them.

Other than that - looks good.  :-D
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

This is great, Raesanos! I would love to see an option to get a confirmation email, just so that I would have some record of what happened (as Sanvean suggested). I definitely think that this will help to smooth communications for requests. Strong work.

-Irulan
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

Note, the Finish button is only active when you have supplied enough information to complete the request (same as with the Original Submission Wizard).  This allows you to hit Finish and skip the Review step (in both Wizards) if you're an impatient SOB.

Morgenes
(developer of the Wizard code we're using)
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

It might not be of that much use right now, but for expandability's sake, it might be nice to see a branch navigation tool thing like we have here on the GDB ie:

Armageddon General Discussion Board Forum Index  -> General Discussion

But more like

Request Type: Account Related -- Account Notes

with the different menu steps as clickable links back to that menu, just so you don't have to click 'previous' a million times if the tree branches further.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

You can click on the steps on the left hand side to jump back to that step.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

For the curious, here is what the back end looks like currently. Praise to Morgenes for the reporting framework that this uses.

Very cool!
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Added an option to have your request emailed to you.

The cancel button now returns you to armageddon.org while finish either finishes you or starts you over if you're already finished.

This tool is now live.  Please provide further feedback and questions in the designated threads.