Work in progress -- New way to submit requests

Started by Raesanos, March 11, 2006, 09:06:57 PM

One advantage of email I was thinking about if that the person sending the email has their own record of it, and knows what was said and what date it was .  Perhaps the tool might have a checkbox which says something like "email a copy of this to me".

love the idea and the categories vcover it pretty well
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

I just wish this was already out of test mode
:wink:
quote="spawnloser"]Masturbate.[/quote]

I like the ideas and categories, I would just chage the following:

3) Complaint against player  
to
3) Complaint/Compliment against/for player.

and

4) Complaint against staff
to
4) Complaint/Compliment against/for staff.

I mean we do have postive things to say as well I hope.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

You might add either quotes or links on game policy as taken from the documentation to each category.  For example, I just submitted a (fake) ressurection request, in that category you could have a snippet explaining the staff's policy on ressurection, why ressurection is considered low priority, etc etc.
Back from a long retirement

I also noticed a possible bug, when I was going through the interface I was frequently randomly redirected to a web-site search result containing every help-file with the word 'Type' in it.  Would have been frusturating if I was doing it for real.

Also, some categories could use some explanation.  In the clan section, I'm not sure what Character Update really means.

You've hit on a change we're working on in the new website.  If you double click on words in the new site it'll take you to the help pages for that word.  Stop double clicking in the page and you'll be fine.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Seeing as how this interface already has the ability to pull certain things from our accounts, why not make it a one-stop shop?

Let us access/send mudmail, check our race/guild options, etc.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Access to things for your account (like what Original Submissions you submitted, what requests you've asked for, information about your race/guild options, characters, etc..) is all planned for the new site.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Sweet.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Changed 'Update' category to 'Clan Related' with 'Character Update' and 'Request' types.

Down the line you'll be able to review your past and pending requests.

Added kudos request types.  We will be glad to receive your happy words.

I am going to add blurbs about each category and request type as you go through the tool.

Do you actually want us to try submitting test ones for you?
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Not all of my characters show up.  ;(
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Mansa is the only person I know who can wink and frown at the same time.

Only a handful of mine are there too.  Ten or so.

Yes, submit all the test requests you'd like in order to provide feedback and find bugs.  They won't be considered or necessarily even read. The database will be cleared before we start using it for real.

It only shows your most recent characters so some people don't get a dropdown menu with 300 items.

Can we get a drop down menu of the last 20 characters, then another menu for 'next 20' and 'previous 20' ?

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

A compliment to the staff for taking interest in a much overlooked aspect of the game by turning the monstrosity that is staff-player communication into an efficient and easy-to-use interface!

Quote from: "mansa"Can we get a drop down menu of the last 20 characters, then another menu for 'next 20' and 'previous 20' ?

We could, but would this really be useful?

Finish and cancel seem to do the same thing but be available at different times, unless you intend to make them do something else besides linking to the home page, then perhaps some sort of stream-lining is in order?

Also there doesn't seem to be any way to log out at the time, which could be problematic.

My suggestion for apping a desc change:

Have it show you your current descs, and have a separate field for sdesc and mdesc.

I'd like to have a store option added under character related
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

I'm REALLY liking this, please excuse the moronic nature of all my requests...this is just for evaluation right?  :wink:

One possible bug I saw was that whenever you use an apostrophe it also puts a backslash in the review field.  So for example:

I don't like blah

Will under review show up as:

I don/'t like blah

Quote from: "Raesanos"
Quote from: "mansa"Can we get a drop down menu of the last 20 characters, then another menu for 'next 20' and 'previous 20' ?

We could, but would this really be useful?

Is it useful to have a list of more than your current character, then?

We have half of them.  Do we need to see any at all beyond the current?

I'd like to be able to read my previous 'bio' and descriptions of my past characters, and the account notes on those characters.

--

I also think that under game related, the first option in the drop down dialog should be 'bug / typo / idea' instead of 'complaint against the staff'

I've made some behind the scenes changes to how this works.  If another round of people want to poke at it and report any problems that'd be great.  This is very close to going live if things go smoothly.

QuoteFinish and cancel seem to do the same thing but be available at different times, unless you intend to make them do something else besides linking to the home page, then perhaps some sort of stream-lining is in order?

They do the same thing, but the option is open to have them do different things.

QuoteMy suggestion for apping a desc change:

Have it show you your current descs, and have a separate field for sdesc and mdesc.

Good idea, this won't be in it just yet but it is on my todo.

QuoteI'd like to have a store option added under character related

You got it.

QuoteOne possible bug I saw was that whenever you use an apostrophe it also puts a backslash in the review field.

Fixed.

QuoteIs it useful to have a list of more than your current character, then?

We have half of them. Do we need to see any at all beyond the current?

We sometimes get requests related to prior characters, just not very old ones.  To cover all the bases, I've added an "Older Character" option if not all your characters are being shown.

QuoteI'd like to be able to read my previous 'bio' and descriptions of my past characters, and the account notes on those characters.

You'll be able to do something like this at some point, but its beyond the scope of this tool.

Awesome idea, Raesanos, thanks for all the sweet features you've added!
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L