How long have you had to wait for approval?

Started by Jiaro, February 07, 2006, 01:49:40 PM

I know it says that the wait is 24 hours tops, but you and I both know that the staff can't always get to all the applications in time! I was just wondering what the longest amount of time it has taken for you to receive your approval. (or disapproval!)

My 2nd char took a little over 30 hours and the one that is currently applying has been waiting for approximately 42 hours and counting.

Those are the only 2 (of my 4) characters that have taken longer than 24 hours, or even longer than 12.
quote="Tamarin"]My girlfriend said that I make her feel like a virtual girlfriend.  I laughed and told her to shut up because she didn't matter.[/quote]

I've waited two weeks before - but that was a _long_ time ago.

You have no idea what the shakes are like until you wait two weeks.

I believe also the type of guild / race you are submitting for also has something to do with it.  I believe that some Imms can not accept all applications or some such.
I conclude that since men love as they themselves determine but fear as their ruler determines, a wise prince must rely upon what he and not others can control."
The Prince

I think a little over 48 hours was the longest I've waited.
2 hours was the shortest. I tell ya, that was a sweet day.
Fear not death, for it is your destiny.

Three Weeks.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Also off-topic a little, but I think I played three characters in one day, once.  The middle character was my first rinthi...no suprise there.

Longest?  Probably just under 24 hours.

Morrolan.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I've had three over 24 hours, the longest being 72 hours.  In all fairness these were all karma'ed  so I -assume- that had something to do with them.  Most were approved in far less than the 24 hour mark.  I have only had one application rejected and that was because I was trying a new writing style, which after seeing the rejection was, um, pretty damn awful.  

I never got a reason as to why the three took so long, nor any rejections.  They just took a long time. My suspisions are that they got bumped to have someone else look over them. :?
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

My longest wait time was just under the 24 hour mark, if you're counting actual application time, and not special apps.  In fact, my one special app was taken care of in about two days.  Pretty good, staff.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Probably two... maybe three days. Tops.
your mother is an elf.

Probably two... maybe three days. Tops.
your mother is an elf.

48 hours for a d-elf magicker app... For known reasons, they're held till a d-elf imm can find time to approve.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

-Edited after reconsidering the post-

Why do you wonder that anyway?

To create pressure over staff? To critize them indirect way? To motivate them to spend more of their time on approving applications or ... well.. are you waiting for an application to approve and know it is not a good way to post those types of messages on GDB? Peh..

Apologies but, I felt defensive. Surely If I would be a staff member, I would be annoyed.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

23 hours?

Just a guess. I know I've only had one that was anywhere near the 24 hour mark.
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

I've waited 36 hours before for a non-karma role, and I hated it.

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I think the longest for me was about three days.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Sometimes we make people wait because we hate them. (joke)
As a general rule of thumb, I try to go over the apps twice a day. If you're waiting more than 24 hours, sorry, sometimes stuff comes up.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

Longest wait was a little under a month.

You guys have no idea how nice you have it now.

Nothing like -just- getting into the game, realizing how fucking sweet it was, by your character dying.  So you immediately reapply...and wait...and wait...and wait...and you finally get to play, after the appropriate bystanders in your neighborhood have been killed.

Halaster demands sacrifice.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I waited a month or so while a special app died on the vine cause what I'd asked for was cool.. But too PITA too code.
Umm S.I.R., are you aware you were using a 12.7 in a 7.62 zone? Step out of the van, please."

-Bob Hollingsworth