The Saturday Games

Started by Anonymous, February 02, 2006, 10:07:23 PM

Quote from: "Ktavialt"

So? If the staff had the time to do it, why not?

There's your answer.

In general, I think this is an interesting idea, and could probably be a lot of fun.  However, the work involved to set it up would take away from the time we put into the 'real' game.  And that's just not something we're likely to do, because we have limited time available, and we'd rather spend that on the 'real' game.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

You could get a non-imm to build a cheesy little arena area...

Heckin' noodles, it could be as easy as starting up a mud, with just the arena area.

.... ....
your mother is an elf.

I've a better idea.. Why don't we seek an H&S MUD, then hijack it every Saturday?
We would RP being warriors, elementalists and defilers suddenly sucked into a dark gate, into another world. We would even form -hopeless- plots to bind together and gain enough power to open a gate back to Zalanthas - home.. (Darn.. Or we wouldn't.. Where can be worse than Zalanthas?)
We all need a MUD where there are elves, dwarves, h-giants and gith. Sorry about you, muls, but you'll have to play scrabble in Saturdays.
I'm sure this can be done.. Give me the adress and I'll be there with my elven mage.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

What about invading SoI.... (horrible mud).

That would be so much fun, we could show them what roleplaying actually is.
your mother is an elf.

No.. Horrible or not, SOI's an RPI MUD.. If we hijacked it every saturday, we would ruin their own plots.
It should be a senseless H&S where noone would mind suddenly seeing 30 players playing a game amongst themselves.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

How about something crappy with a small playerbase like Redemption then... We wouldn't get lost and we could all stick together.. but it may take awhile to level up. And then we'd be insta-killed by the uber PKillers.
your mother is an elf.

I love the idea of everyone teaming up on Saturdays and going apeshit on a hack and slash mud, but... I disliked SoI and didn't care for the Immortals at all. If RPI is a must, my vote goes to Harshlands. It was alot of fun, the little I played of it.

If not only RPI, I'd say Towers of Jadri was also entertaining, along with Godwars(Purely PK) and the now defunct Feudal Realms. My old HnS of choice was wotmud.org, but only because I started there. It's a rather craptastic place, though amusing at times.

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I think we should all play a graphical game.  Like Space Quest 2.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I dont understand, why isnt accursed lands considered an RPI ? heh.

Well, something that me and a fellow armer have been talking about for awhile is something like this,

Write up a mud, and have rpt's every saturday, Sorta like 'episodes' of a television series. Like on friday, the gith surrounding the besieged city are going to make thier attack. The imm's plan something fun every saturday, and people log in during the downtime, still rpi, still a cool gameworld. People can log in during the week, but there's much less chance of an imm being around. Keep the playable area small, so people are bunched together, and you can go have a blast every saturday. We wouldn't want to take people away from Armageddon though, so some more thought is needed.

Maybe H&S during the week, RPI on saturday? That could be sweet.

We've already started, but it's a big job. Volunteers? Suggestions?
If it's important enough to the players, we could get it done, but it's not going to be right away.

Could form an RPI corporation on Eve-Online. Something along the lines of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitors; the Amarr could always use another loyalist corporation.