Of an extended look

Started by Gharial, December 01, 2005, 04:16:13 PM

A brief thought. Instead of getting all of the main description with a single LOOK, it could be revealed a sentence at a time with a few delays. While I'm not quite sure how convenient that might be, it'll express more of an actual examination of someone rather than a brief glimpse revealing someones equipment and some of the description. And if you'd like a further look, just waiting a few moments without typing anything would reveal the rest of the mdesc. This would also allow any assassin or surprise encounter from revealing too much information while attempting an attack or other action that a single look might ruin. Instead, since there would be a slight delay with each sentence, a player might be able to read some parts of the mdesc but with each new action (defending, attacking, etc) it would restart the trigger.

*shrug*

That would, simply put, drive me crazy.
es, Narnia, the film that teaches kids that Jesus is a lion that kills people by biting them in the face...

Ideas are good, but this one would be more frustrating than anything else because most of the "looks" done are in taverns, not in tense situations where this type of thing would make it fair.

That would get to be pretty spammy.  I for one tend to have trouble keeping track of things when there's a tavern full of PCs, and the talks and emotes keep scrolling continuously.  If the look command did this, it would seriously frustate me.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

You'll start getting descriptions with important features listed at the bottom of the desc, rather than the a natural flow direction you see now.

It would drive me up the wall, too.