Arm of the Dragon Ranks

Started by Manhattan, November 03, 2005, 08:16:40 PM

Thanks Halaster.

Here's a list of what I came up with, starting from lowest to highest in command.

QuoteConscript (doesn't really make sense since, AoD is not compulsory service)
Footman
Hussar (Hungarian cavalry)
Dragoon
Blitzer
Keeper at Arms
Brigadier (adjutant)
Protector
Inquisitor (religious connotation, eh? Taken from the Mutant Chronicles)
His Right Hand (you know...Tek's royal servants)

Any of you care to share your own list?

Edit:

Quote:arrow: Conscript
:arrow: Footman
:arrow: Sentry
:arrow: Janissary
:arrow: Hussar
:arrow: Dragoon
:arrow: Taskmaster
:arrow: Brigadier
:arrow: Armiger
:arrow: Inquisitor
:arrow: Leviathan
:arrow: Keeper at Arms
:arrow: Storm Warden
:arrow: Dragon Marshal
:arrow: His Right Hand
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

I like it.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Did not like conscript.

Did not like footman either.  Private is better.

Hussar?  Hmm... Cavalry does not play any significant role, so I think it should be removed too.

The rest, sounds cool.  I like it.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Can we post them?  I thought Halaster said not to, but maybe that was just not to post them instead of emailing.    :?

Don't really like your first two, Manhattan, but I like the other ones.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I was thinking that the AoD was more like a devout group of servicemen....like religious priests. "Devoted" sounds like a good rank. The closer they are to their god-king, Tektolnes, the higher their rank and influence.

AoD also serve as law-enforcement, so maybe the term "officer" or "police" could be used?

I want to see your lists!

Quote from: "Manhattan"I was thinking that the AoD was more like a devout group of servicemen....like religious priests. "Devoted" sounds like a good rank. The closer they are to their god-king, Tektolnes, the higher their rank and influence.

That really isn't what the Arm of the Dragon is, I don't think.
Back from a long retirement

Some are very cool, however, Halaster doesn't read the threads on the GDB.  In fact, Halaster doesn't even visit here.  All he does is read his email.  So email him.

Trust mansa.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Yeah, Hal did request these be e-mailed.  Your idea may lose some cachet in being posted here, since it will lose the advantage of potentially remaining (among the higher rank-levels) something of an IC secret for a while.  IC secrets are good.

-- X

I think Trogdor should be a rank in the Arm of the Dragon.  It would be the big beefy arm... coming out of the back of his neck...
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

.. burninating the country... TROGDOR!
I hope life isn't just one big joke, because I don't get it.  -- Jack Handy

Wow.. for someone with too much time and no artistic skills, Trogdor sure is famous.

For those of you who don't know who he is...

<insert rant here>

TROGDOR!
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Yes, I specifically asked to email and not to post it here.  I'm not going to pay any attention to the ones posted here, so nyah!
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

I think he posted here, so we can contribute, add our ideas, and he can reshape them before emailing.

Quote from: "Ghost"I think he posted here, so we can contribute, add our ideas, and he can reshape them before emailing.

Ahh, ok, in that case.. have at it.

Looks nice, Manhattan. To me, "His Right Hand" sounds more like a Tuluki thing and less like an Allanaki rank, though. If it were me, I'd probably go with a one-word rank instead. Either way, great job!
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

And we all know what Tek does with his right hand.

-- X

Quote from: "Xygax"And we all know what Tek does with his right hand.

-- X

thats a good one!!!!

LOL
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

I like 'em.  Except for blitzer.  That one just seems out of place or weird to me for some reason.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Isn't Blitzer one of Santa Claus' reindeer?

Oo.. reindeer names.

Private Dancer
Sergeant Blitzer
Lieutenant Prancer
Captain Donner

Blitzen.  

ZEN.

(yes I am, thank you)
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I realized that "Blitzer" sucks.

But it's German for lightning, god!

Quote from: "Xygax"And we all know what Tek does with his right hand.

-- X

ROFL!  Now I am having some -clear- ideas of the relationship between Black Robes and Tek!

QuoteBut it's German for lightning, god!

Anything that means lightning gets a thumbs-up in my book.

Actually, let's just name all of the ranks 'lightning' in an assortment of languages.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."