A note to newbies using the Way.

Started by RunningMountain, October 12, 2005, 08:36:55 PM

Been seeing a lot lately, here's some advice. There's a stat called stun, (help stun) the Way drains it (help way), you need to set your prompt to see the numbers just like your hp.

prompt %t
is for stun
so any of you newbies out there that keep passing out go set your prompts and PAY ATTENTION.

-RM
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Thanks for the information!  I've been rather foolish regarding the use of "contact" and was getting my character into a host of trouble, including this very evening. ;)

I've waydrained a few times and I have my stun points in my prompt. I even do it by accident when paying attention. I'm like, "Hmm, I bet I have just enough to try one more contact attempt..."

*contact*

You're unconscious and completely helpless!

*mutter*
..and the puppet explodes.

Or my new favorite.

Contact person

psi You are going to die, I can see you now! Hahahahaha.

break

Look

Use of the way drains you.

break
break
break

You pass out!
cease

You think OOCly, fuck! Cease!
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I am telling you

Alias break cease
-and-
Alias cease break

I've used break to break for three years, so I'll add a new argument for breaking onjects. Cease bottle. Much easier in my mind.

Quote from: "Mental Case"I am telling you

Alias break cease
-and-
Alias cease break

I've used break to break for three years, so I'll add a new argument for breaking onjects. Cease bottle. Much easier in my mind.
If you do this, and then later wish up to me because you can't interact with some random script in the game, I will kill you and the geographically nearest PC I can find.

-- X

Haha. I've never had trouble with using cease, and I've used breaks for years as well. Adaptation is a good trait.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Agreed...no problems switching to cease here.
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

Ditto.  I've been using break since you were in diapers!  And I'm used to cease now... FINALLY.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

On a slightly off topic note, would aliasing two commands to each other create an infinite loop and crash Ginka like a flaming skytractor, or do aliases just apply once?

And on a slightly on topic note, when did break change to cease?
I've been away from Zalanthas for some time, but I still think you all are kank shit. Don't worry, I'll come back and fix it up. By the way, has anyone found, like, water? This desert is getting old.

I had a very strange thing happen.  I was in contact with somebody then typed cease contact.  It told me I suffered from use of the way but did not dissolve the contact.  I did it again, then I passed out.  Any idea why?

Using the Way takes some time. If you psi'ed to someone, for example, it is possible you passed out before you recovered enough of mental balance to dissolve the link.

The syntax is -not-

cease contact

it IS:

cease

Just that word, all by itself.

Quote from: "Bestatte"The syntax is -not-

cease contact

it IS:

cease

Just that word, all by itself.

"Cease" by itself will cease all psionic activities.  "Cease contact" will specifically stop psionic contact, and "cease barrier" will specifically stop a barrier.  Makes no differences for most, though.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I believe this information was stated in an introductory document that talked about setting up your prompt. Obviously, the people who fall curse to this problem, didn't pay attention to an introductory document.

therefore we should jujst ban them now?

do you have any idea how many introductory documents there are?

I'd hate to restrict the player base to "people willing to read massive amounts of documents before playing."

Quote from: "Malforos"I believe this information was stated in an introductory document that talked about setting up your prompt. Obviously, the people who fall curse to this problem, didn't pay attention to an introductory document.

Well, look at it this way. There are lots of people that know stepping out in front of cars is a bad thing. When they were kids, someone probably told them to look both ways when crossing the street. However, we have LOTS of people that get hit with cars. Either they didn't look both ways because they were in a hurry, or they were distracted while talking on a cell phone.

Now, I'm one of the people who swear by the documentation, but even though I read it pretty extensively, this still happened to me. Just because people are told NOT to do this, doesn't mean accidents don't happen. It's easy to get distracted and way drain. Give people a break ;)
..and the puppet explodes.