Prompt

Started by charas, February 07, 2005, 07:30:34 AM

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a way to entirely switch off the prompt again.
So far I use this: "prompt " (prompt followed by empty space) which still gives me an unecessary empty line, no? Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

This might be something you'd have to do with your MUD client.  Mine actually has a seperate text box that I enter into rather than directly on the main screen.  however, are you really sure you don't want a prompt?  Its kinda important to be aware of your health, movement points, and stun.

Hm. I would just do:

prompt >

I find it strange living without any sort of prompt, even if it's only a >
. . . i've never not had a prompt in my nine years of mudding.

Heh,

I just figured out how to move the prompt from the console into the status bar of my client (kmuddy) where it does not annoy me anymore.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Cheerio

Quick tip, charas, prompts are -very- useful. Not many don't use them. Type in 'help prompt' to see what sort of feedback about your character can be relayed every time you enter a command.

Useful things to -always- know are health, stamina and stun right off the bat. Position (standing/sitting/resting) and walking speed are also good to know.

But that doesn't mean you absolutely have to do this. Try it out, you might find it useful.  :)

If you are worried about empty lines, you could try Compact.  It might help.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I only have compact for the log in screens.

I am scared of the mantis.. :()
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Is that Compact, or Brief?  They do similar but completely different things.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Brief.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

If you know how to trigger, set up a trigger that recognizes your prompt (depending on how your prompt looks, that is), and enter "#gag 2" as the field. That'll gag your prompt and the extra line feed.