About those Muls...

Started by Bestatte, January 17, 2005, 09:17:26 PM

The docs say they're sterile. To me, that just means they shoot blanks...but they shoot, nonetheless. So like - a mul comes with all his appropriate equipment, and can use it just fine. It just doesn't result in pregnancy. Am I understanding that right? Or are they actually neuter/eunuch type creatures?

That's what I think yeah.  Makes sense for a herb to be called 'mul mix' after that, too.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Mul Lovin' does happen.  It's usually not pretty.  There's been discussions about slavery on the board, so I suggest you do a search.

Most Mul Slaves have a partner, whether male or female.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I always envisioned "mul lovin'" to be not unlike the way klingons practice the most holy of acts.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

As much as I love Tamarin's analogy; I can't help but think muls are more like ken and barbie dolls.  I mean, why would they have sexual capabilities?  They don't reproduce nor are they human or dolphins... so why would they even have the equipment?
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Muls do have functioning sexual equipment, but yes, they "shoot blanks" or whatever the female equivalent would be.  However, that doesn't mean they have any less sex drive.  Frankly, a mul coming on to me is one of the scariest things I can imagine in Arm.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

:shock:

This whole topic is just... .. On to the point!:

We were learning about genetics in Bio and he was talking about interbreeding species to get things like mules, and the liger.  Mules can't reproduce, neither can ligers.
HOWEVER, mules and ligers can sure as hell try!
They just won't succeed.

A mul is basically the same thing: A crossbread of two similar species. They can't make little muls, but that doesn't mean they won't try. ;)
i] Sarge's Lifting Advice:[/i] Don't lift with your legs. Your back's the strongest muscle in your body! And look man, your knees aren't even locked. How do you expect to stand up straight? Put your groin into it!

Quote from: "Bestatte"The docs say they're sterile. To me, that just means they shoot blanks...but they shoot, nonetheless. So like - a mul comes with all his appropriate equipment, and can use it just fine. It just doesn't result in pregnancy. Am I understanding that right? Or are they actually neuter/eunuch type creatures?

A mule is a donkey/horse breed. It's sterile, because they're not compatible, but yes, it eh, has a penis. Imagine it would explode at some point if it didn't have some kind of outlet, don't you think?

(Sorry, didn't read the whole thread before posting, as usual. Where the hell's the delete post button on these forums? I am usually more self-sufficient than this...)

I guess being politely vague wasn't a good idea. And - there's an actual IC reason I asked this, and NO I AM NOT INTERESTED IN MUDSEX WITH A MUL DAMNIT. It was just a comment someone made in game, and it got me wondering. So - here's the question in all its unrefined, impolite glory:

Is a mul capable of orgasm, or do they only have urges that they are incapable of satisfying? So yeah - okay fine they have a penis. And sure, okay the penis can get erect. Do they give it a go, only to end up with a perpetual hardon until it finally calms down after they think about flame cheese long enough? Or are they able to get their rocks off?

I guess, the frustration aspect hinted at in the docs would elude me to some extent. If they -can- have an orgasm, but merely not reproduce, well - I don't think I'd dwell on it for my entire life and build up my life's worth of frustrations around that fact. I'd probably get over it and realize that means I got myself a free ticket to screw anything and everything in sight.

But then, I'm the chick who eats her young - so maybe my perspective on this whole thing is a bit skewed.

I've never seen a mule in real life try to have sex - we don't HAVE mules around these parts, only lots of horses, and a crapload of cows.

As a guess, based on my "limited-but-probably-more-than-most" knowledge of reproductive biology, I'd say muls probably can have orgasms, the same as anyone else. If the equipment FORMS as a part of normal development, it's an easier biological stretch to think of it all working, but having some minor flaw that prevents fertility (lots of things could do this - even something as simple as having a very slightly acidic pH of the sexual secretions) than to imagine that it all develops LOOKING normal, but none of it works properly.

As for being frustrated, the lack of ability to have children means that despite their physical gifts, muls really can't have a "future". While we in modern society sometimes tend to have an "eat your children" kind of attitude (don't say that near Venomz and Candi, though - they may eat you first!), the attitude tends to be quite the opposite in low-tech, harsh societies. More children is better because that's more help for you in staying alive, as well as someone to pass on your identity, culture, and skills. Even great warriors always wanted their sons to surpass them - that way their contribution to history won't be forgotten. "Future generations..." and all of that. Muls are denied this, and are reminded of it constantly. Heck - even HAVING the orgasm would probably remind them of that fact. What they have is all they're going to get... all they could EVER hope for... and it ain't that good. Being a mul is like being trapped in the ultimate dead-end job with a crappy boss, long hours, and low pay. I'd be pretty frustrated too.

Quote from: "Bestatte"I guess being politely vague wasn't a good idea. And - there's an actual IC reason I asked this, and NO I AM NOT INTERESTED IN MUDSEX WITH A MUL DAMNIT. It was just a comment someone made in game, and it got me wondering. So - here's the question in all its unrefined, impolite glory:

Is a mul capable of orgasm, or do they only have urges that they are incapable of satisfying? So yeah - okay fine they have a penis. And sure, okay the penis can get erect. Do they give it a go, only to end up with a perpetual hardon until it finally calms down after they think about flame cheese long enough? Or are they able to get their rocks off?

Er I had a character stumble upon a mul and thier partner.  :shock: Both seemed to be quite willing partners, but I didn't stay around to watch.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

It it's functional equipment, I don't see why it wouldn't work. They are all just like Tom Cruise. But what would they be attracted to? Other Muls? Humans? Dwarfs? All of the above?
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

They shoot, they just shoot blanks.  Otherwise why would slave muls be given a partner for the purpose of sexing up?

QuoteNO I AM NOT INTERESTED IN MUDSEX WITH A MUL DAMNIT

Don't be afraid!  :lol:

QuoteOf course, anatomically speaking, it IS possible for one to orgasm without actually ejaculating anything at all

Wow... I wish I could do that.  :)

Bestatte wrote:
QuoteI guess, the frustration aspect hinted at in the docs would elude me to some extent. If they -can- have an orgasm, but merely not reproduce, well - I don't think I'd dwell on it for my entire life and build up my life's worth of frustrations around that fact. I'd probably get over it and realize that means I got myself a free ticket to screw anything and everything in sight.
I know what you're getting at, Bestatte. But I think muls can have their stinky mul-loving, and have an orgasm at the end (or start, or whatever) of it. They cannot, however, reproduce. Which is one of the factors that leads to mulish depression.
One of the factors.
Let's face it, Zalanthas has its share of eunuchs, infertile people, and even just those who strongly prefer the same sex. And yet not many of them, and certainly not all of them, ever reach the level of super-angst that your average mul must grapple with every day. This is because, in my opinion, the infertility thing is just the icing on the mul cake of sadness.
Probably the main thing that would depress a mul would be the fact that he or she is not considered "human", and I'm using that word loosely. All muls were created as slaves, as tools, as property. Even those that somehow escaped their bonds know that, if it weren't for the oppressors that bred them, they wouldn't even exist. A mul slave might feel used, but a free mul would feel useless. All muls are basically waiting to "break", to die, waiting for that day when they're no longer regarded as a worthwhile slave. And a slave is all they are.
And they can't even have any mulings to show something for their brief, worthless, impermanent lives.
Anyways, my point is that there might be a mul or two that doesn't really mind that they're infertile. But that doesn't mean they aren't angsty. Infertility is just one of the things you can toy with when creating a mulish persona, or at least, it's something you need to take into account.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

A tiny percentage of female mules (the cross between a horse and a donkey) are capable of bearing foals.  Just an odd bit of trivia to toss out there.  It is considered a genetic accident.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Hehehe what about other sterile animals is there also a small percent that can reproduce(only sterile animal i can think of is the mule). Of course this could mean Mul's on arm, a very small percent can reproduce, or not. Of course such would be kept secret or studying due to the finacial implications to the houses if a mul that was able to breed was found.

Also Assume that muls like other humanoid species of arm have a desire to mate and have children, though muls can do the act just can't make anything. theoretically a mul could attach itself to an abadon child and want to mother or father it, to fullfill that need. All the races have that desire and ability, except mul. I could see a mul trying to fill that void if possible.

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Many infertile humans do get quite angsty about it.  In real life you have people that are willing to spend thousands and thousands of dollars for the chance to go through the agony of childbirth.  You get women who get all angsty and feel like they aren't really a woman anymore after they go through menapause or have a hysterectomy.  You get men who don't want kids but don't want a vasectomy either, not just because the fear the snip, but because it is unmanly to be shooting blanks.

Choosing not to have children is nothing at all like being unable to have children.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

My stepfather is sterile. His mother took some shitty anti morning sickness medicine when she was carrying him, and it had unwanted side effects.

Now, since he would never be able to have kids, he kind of distanced himself from them, developing a 'dislike' for them. While I doubt he ever got weepy about not being able to have kids, I'm positive it did weigh on his thoughts. So, instead of dwelling on it, he started to just shun contact with kids. When he and my mother got together he was gruff, almost rude to me and my sisters.

After awhile, though, we began to develop a very strong bond, and over the years we became very very close. The bond was stronger, in fact, than the relationship with my own father. He would never have kids of his own, but he did love me with everything that he was, and he made it his mission in life to do everything he could for me, and to teach me the things he would never be able to to teach a son of his own blood. He taught me cars and music, how to fight and how to take a beating. He didn't do it out of just because he loved my mom, but because in the end, he wanted to pass on something, and I was the closest thing to a child he was going to get...

Everyone wants to pass something on, wether it's knowledge or just a name. I think a Mul adopting someone as their own little project, or at least desiring to, would be acceptable. Wonderful idea, imo.

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Good post Warrior Poet, I am pissed you beat me to it.  :D  Everyone wants immortality, they just go for it in different ways.

Quote from: "Jacques"As for being frustrated, the lack of ability to have children means that despite their physical gifts, muls really can't have a "future".

Heck - even HAVING the orgasm would probably remind them of that fact. What they have is all they're going to get... all they could EVER hope for... and it ain't that good.

Just got a mental image of a mul screwing the shit out of a human, cumming, and then decking her in the face, pulling up his pants, and walking out. Leaving her there with a busted up nose, bleeding all over that soiled mattress in the Gaj dormitory.

Oh man, that'd be a funny scene.

Quote from: "DejaVu"Oh man, that'd be a funny scene.

Nearly as funny as Hitler.
Back from a long retirement

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Choosing not to have children is nothing at all like being unable to have children.
-X-_

> sing (dancing around with a wand in one hand) Put that together and what do you got?  Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy Xoo!

Asked and answered.  Let's stay away from OOC chatter.  I'm leaving this unlocked for now on the off chance someone wants to add something NEW; otherwise, I think pretty much everyone who has stuck to topic has said essentially the same thing (though the psychological ups & downs of being unable to bear children is an interesting tangent).  Just that it looks like everyone wants to have their name in lights on the latest sex thread.

Penis, erection, clitoris, vagina, orgasm, sperm, eggs, sex.

There, it's out of my system too.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]