Hall of Kings Clothing

Started by Rhyden, December 25, 2004, 09:48:14 PM

Alright, so I started a new character and something came to my attention:

Why is it that new characters start with a tunic and trousers in the Hall of Kings? Does everybody know that one of these items can actually be removed and brought into the game world? I did this once as an experiment and after thought I totally twinked or something. Is this twink? Should I have not removed that article of clothing? I suppose I could role-play it just being a spare, clean article of clothing. Is there a reason the staff places clothes on our new characters just for that room? Courtesy of keeping the game G-rated for the beginning at least? So many questions...

Anybody got the answers?

Probably an oversight, heh..like, the code does something the coders didn't know it would do, until someone like you came along and discovered it!

Stranger things have happened, and I'd say if you did it intentionally -because- you knew it would do that, then it would be kinda twinky. But if you did it just to experiment, I'd recommend bugging it or doing what you did here - posting about it, and then not repeating it again.

So I can't remove all my clothing and then sell it with my next character...:/....
Veteran Newbie

I would suggest sending an email to staff asking if that is an intended 'feature' or an oversight (aka bug).  I would suggest bugging it ingame as well.

I'm also not sure that broadcasting bugs and how to abuse them is a good thing.
-X-_

> sing (dancing around with a wand in one hand) Put that together and what do you got?  Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy Xoo!

Sorry. (Bows his head in shame) Had no idea it was a bug. You guys better not abuse it anymore or Xaminny'll slay my character, and yours, and the one next to yours if he's feeling generous.  :twisted:

Well...I'm currently working on a bug where I can get the slay command.
Veteran Newbie

Quote from: "Dracul"Well...I'm currently working on a bug where I can get the slay command.

I'll probably be the guinnea pig with this, won't I, Dracul?  :wink:

Alright, this thread seems done with. I guess I can just leave the rest of it to people who want to admit their abuse to the code:

C'mon, somebody? Anybody? C'mon, you can be honest here...you won't be slayed...at least, not by me.

I can honestly say I've never -abused- the code.. but it makes you wonder..  You guys make it sound like you're raping it.. dunno.. crazy thoughts come in early morning.
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Hey now, I'm not staff anymore.  I can't just slay people anymore...but I can find your character if you'd like me to.  :wink:
-X-_

> sing (dancing around with a wand in one hand) Put that together and what do you got?  Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy Xoo!

Quote from: "cyberpatrol_735"I can honestly say I've never -abused- the code.. but it makes you wonder..  You guys make it sound like you're raping it.. dunno.. crazy thoughts come in early morning.

Well you know I'm completely full of shit.

I mean...well okay...I may kill all the bahamets friday night and spam skin...but thats okay...because it doesnt hurt the playerbase....

And I do occasionally remove all my clothing so I can sell it...but thats just because my character ICly had a little extra money in his background...I can't bother the immz

And yeah yeah...you might consider it twinkish that I nukebomb you until you go linkdead. But hey, winning is winning.

And Xammiy...Im getting close to that slay command.
It'd probally just be easier to storm the fortress holding ginka though and log in directly...:/

But thatd be too much work.
Veteran Newbie

I did it twice.
Got poor strength on my warriors both times.
I figured it was pay back for that.
Ain't doing it again.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Once apon a time, a long, long time ago, everyone used to get the same newbie clothes.  Before my time, but I've heard there were dark trousers involved.  I think that you get the old newbie clothes when you first log in.  Then when you choose a hometown, the old newbies clothes are replaced by location specific newbie clothes.  Take the old newbie clothes off and they won't disappear.  Drop them in the Hall of Kings and no one will be strong enough to pick them up again, because your stats suck in the HoK.  One thing I've wondered about but never tried, is sticking money in the pockets . . . I assume that the money would disappear with the pockets when the pants were replaced with location pants.  

Keeping the old newbie clothes serves no useful purpose, unless you simply prefer the old clothes.  I kept them once by accident, and when I tried to sell them they weren't worth anything.  If you can't sell them, then there isn't much twinky about keeping them since they don't give you any advantage.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Makes sense. I want to make a character who keeps the dark trousers and wears them his entire life.  :lol:

If I was old enough, i'd be nostalgically attached to the old clothes.