What would make the game more realistic for you?

Started by Radioactive Age, December 21, 2004, 05:50:43 PM

This is not to complain about arm. Just to see what would make it more realistic for everyone.

it would be cool if the city at night time would be as dangerious as the rinth. And it would be cool if there were more day time blinding sand storms outside a city. And peacefullness should dominate at night time outside a city and death out of our ears durring the day. And also if water was more expensive and food more limited in access. Especially fruit. And if heavy armor was rarely seen and worn.

AND If arm was not a MUD but a real life experience. But, I suppose for many of you, it already is. (you losers)

:)

A direct neural interface for a completely realistic simulation of life on Zanathas...

or maybe crim-code revision.

Turn the "quit" command into a social that shows:

The ugly little man says, in sirihish:
"You can't fire me, I quit!"

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"crim-code revision.

That and more controlled movement. What I mean by this is having the ability to see more than directly north, south, west and east. Also having more realistic bow-shooting IG by making movement between squares slower and being able to shoot within same squares with added accuracy and damage without automatically initiating combat.

Mainly the crim code, worst part as well all know is soldier's amazing ability to detect a culprit and grab them with super-human speed.

Turning your sdesc into YOU when you emote:

emote snickers, shaking ^me head.

Present show:
The short, fat puertorrican snickers, shaking your head.

More realistic show:
You snickers, shaking your head.

I realize the verb cojugation will be off but it would feel more real to me if I saw YOU do this/such/that rather than my character's sdesc.

Being able to finish a sentence with HIS/HER/YOURS without the horrendous 's at the end.

emote standing back to the left of the gate into the templar's quarter, @ allows %blackrobetemplar entourage to pass by before %bluerobetemplar

Present:
Standing back to the left of the gate into the templar's quarter, the short, fat puertorrican allows the intimidating, black robe templar's entourage to pass by before the puny, blue robe templar's.

The blue sees:
Standing back to the left of the gate into the templar's quarter, the short, fat puertorrican allows the intimidating, black robe templar's entourage to pass by before your.

The black sees:
Standing back to the left of the gate into the templar's quarter, the short, fat puertorrican allows your entourage to pass by before the puny, blue robe templar's.

If we could somehow teach the code to learn the difference between a sentence ending possessive and that which preceeds an actual possession, it'd look much better.

A more realistic combat code.

I haven't thought too much about this one but some deaths go so damn quick that you don't have TIME to react and much less roleplay.  I think I'd like to see character initiated and maintained combat between PLAYER CHARACTERS rather than the automatic spam that results from typing 'kill noble' now.
Examples:

>tell noble (reaching into ~cloak) Yew killt my fava, prrrreparrrrre to dye!
>kill noble
then, depending on how versed your character is at combat, you'd get no more than 3 hits in.
WHACK WHACK WHACK
combat stops
Dazed and confused, and adrenaline jolted noble reacts...
Wiping the blood from his mouth, the pompous, junior Tor noble sneers at you.
Unslinging his massive, steel, serrated, Tek-blessed kitana, the pompous, junior Tor noble tells you, in sirihish: "That's the last mistake YOU'LL ever make, rinthi scum!
PJTN attacks you back and whack whack whacks you back.

Depending on how well your opponent knows HIS shit, you can block each other.  

An annoyance probably, yes, it would also certainly take some getting used to but THINK of the roleplay possibilities!

A more realistic timeline

- 1 RL day = 1 In game day... I think I better duck the rotten tomatoes on this one *duck*. Yeah, yeah, I know it would take forever to get an old character.  I didn't say it was a perfect thought!  We could just compromise and say we'll stop bitching about people sitting in a tavern for 3 IG days and how it's not realistic to take X amount of IG days to do Y.

A more realistic HIDE/SNEAK code

Unless you have scan maxed out these people are practically invisible.  Maybe counter it with an INTUITION/PARANOIA skill? Something so that things can be more realistic.

I know, I know, we're all in this game for the fantasy aspect. So that we can be anything, do anything, conquer the world!  I'll hush now.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"or maybe crim-code revision.

Thirded.

Defecation code.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"crime-code revision.

At nights... That would be really cool change, so everybody would have to enter somewhere with other people and soldiers.. like it

As usual I agree most of what ShaLeah wrote down..

Just,
Quote from: "ShaLeah"A more realistic timeline  
I believe it's much better as it is now. Still it does not take too much time to walk from one side of the city to other.. Or worse for those twinky elves running from one side of the world to other do not take not many RL minutes.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Quote from: "FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit"Defecation code.

I think, to add to the harsh reality of Armageddon, players should also need to defecate as well as eat and drink. Players who fail to monitor thier defecation levels (type "score") will die. Helpful reminders will pop up when needed, much like those in the hunger and dehydration codes. Players will also need to remove any items occupying the 'on legs' wear location.

I think this is fair and also realistic. While I'm not basing this on any hard evidence, I'm pretty sure that if you forgot to crap, you'd die.

The only problem that I see would be the great amount of 'faeces' objects, which could crash the mud.

It's bad enough that about everytime I'm having an important meeting I have to put the whole thing on hold, or someone else does so they can run and grab a drink of water. The hunger code interrupts enough, a defecation code would just be an ooc annoyance... next time your talking with a templar, ask him to hold on so you can take a piss.. he'll understand.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Yeah, I was definetly just kidding about the defecation code.
The reason I put a joke answer is because, honestly, I'm weary of threads like this. Look, we all want a new crim code. Or at least, everyone who reads the GDB is aware that a fair-sized chunk of the playerbase wants a revision of the crim code.
But personally, I find it disrespectful that every week we have a thread like this, which is generally nothing more than a, "Gimme gimme gimme!" directed towards the Imms. Or, at least, that's the impression I get.
Well, 'tis the season, I guess.
[/derail]
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: "Spoon"
I think this is fair and also realistic. While I'm not basing this on any hard evidence, I'm pretty sure that if you forgot to crap, you'd die.

No, no, no.  You can't forget to crap, though you can forget to go to an appropriate location first.  You get a few "You suffer from cramping!" warning messages, like the dehydration messages.  If you still don't get the hint, then nature takes it's course.  Adding new dimensions to those "shits in his/her seat" typos.  If don't remove the necessary cloathing first you can still do the deed, but the items in the way gain the "smelly" tag.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Seriously though, who needs a defecation code? We should all just RP natural bodily functions.

emote squats over facilities, releases a long deep sigh and then swiftly jumps aside to avoid the fetid splash.

:shock:  :shock:

Hmmm.... kinda makes you wonder about the extent to which 'realism' should be a yard stick for Arm, doesn't it.?! :D[/i]
ast a Cold Eye, Horseman,
Pass By!

Quote from: "Graydread"Seriously though, who needs a defecation code? We should all just RP natural bodily functions.

emote squats over facilities, releases a long deep sigh and then swiftly jumps aside to avoid the fetid splash.

:shock:  :shock:

Hmmm.... kinda makes you wonder about the extent to which 'realism' should be a yard stick for Arm, doesn't it.?! :D[/i]

You're a sick, sick man.
<Blank> says, out of character:
     "OW!  Afk a moment, my chair just...broke, beneath me."

Nah, I think it definitely needs a syntax:

> expel (object) (location)

eg.

> expel shit templar

ps. my GOD I hope some of you are being ironic about my post.

Quote from: "Jorlain"You're a sick, sick man.

Pfft, oh hardly. I'd say more honest, and amusing.

There should be more players emoting sweat, stench, timbre of voice, menstruation, muscle cramps... hah, oh, mood swings for teenagers and other hormonal people should be coded in, y'know...
"You become irrationally irritated with everything."
And sunburn! There should be sunburn. And cracked lips. And flatulence. Write the code, because of course, people play Arm to be confronted with  bodily functions.
size=9]is this
the life
you find
endearing?
[/size]

Quote from: "chaomiandra"
Quote from: "Jorlain"You're a sick, sick man.

Pfft, oh hardly. I'd say more honest, and amusing.

I was being sarcastic.  :wink:
<Blank> says, out of character:
     "OW!  Afk a moment, my chair just...broke, beneath me."

Quote from: "FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit"Defecation code.

Yikes!
idhogg

Ask me if I'm a tree

Quote from: "chaomiandra"
oh, mood swings for teenagers and other hormonal people should be coded in, y'know...
"You become irrationally irritated with everything."
And sunburn! There should be sunburn. And cracked lips. And flatulence. Write the code, because of course, people play Arm to be confronted with  bodily functions.

Oh yeah, baby.  Up with realism!  Lets give Zalanthas the same level of drudgery we all enjoy in the real world!

I especially like moodiness echos for teens and menopausal females.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Yeah, let's make Armageddon suck, just like real life!

Coded depression:

-

You feel unwanted.

>look bartender

What's the point?

-

So, basically, unless you keep you PC happy, you will be irritatingly IMMOBILISED.

Quote from: "Jorlain"I was being sarcastic.  :wink:
I know.  :P  :wink:
size=9]is this
the life
you find
endearing?
[/size]

Crafts being more useful.

Armor breaking down to uselessness, along with weapons.

Clothing better influencing the amount of MP you have, since MP is effectively your energy level.

MP effecting how much you can do, not just how much you can move.

Weather being even more influencing.

Language changed to allow for faking and such.

Combat changed to allow better customization.

THis list could go on and on and on and on and on....
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: "Angela Christine"I especially like moodiness echos for teens and menopausal females.

AC

The latter aren't in short supply :) One of my past characters dealt with a
female character whose mood swings nearly gave him an ulcer.

- Ktavialt

People not wearing the same stereotypical kind of gear.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.