Worse place being link dead?

Zalanthian desert
30 (63.8%)
Allanak's Labyrinth
17 (36.2%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: November 17, 2004, 05:26:33 AM

Just a fun topic on what is the worse place in your opinon being link dead  :D

Oooooh...hard call.  I'm going to have to say the desert though.  There's just a bigger chance that you're going to run into nasty NPCs, and probably even more PCs if you're somewhere near either a city or a major travel route.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Depending on who is playing templars/nobles at the time... it could be bad to be linkdead in a tavern.  Some players just don't take real life into account.  You could wake up to your PC being put to death because he/she didn't bow to Lord Fancypants. :roll:
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

The Rinth is a cakewalk for me in comparison to the desert, imo.  But
then, I've lost three elven pcs to linkdeath or running out of mvs in the
Red Desert to mantises.  This was years ago, granted, but most of my
deaths in the Rinth have required more circumstance than just
standing about waiting for beasts to come to me.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Going linkdead 1 room away from a bahamet while you were fleeing from a d'elf who just stole your weapon and kank.

BEAT THAT, BUBS.

(no that didn't happen to me. I'm just saying that -would- be the worst place I can think of to go linkdead)

I can in fact beat that, but if I went into that much detail, this forum
would end up locked. :wink:
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Desert.  Desert... DESERT!!!!

The rinth is not agro if you are not tickling their hunger.
some of my posts are serious stuff

I've lost more characters in the 'rinth than in the desert.  Damn Zagren and his scripts.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

It depends if you are more afraid of PCs or NPCs.  Most of the time in the deep desert you rarely run into PCs, even if you stand in one spot for an hour.  The 'rinth is tiny, so if someone is roaming around and you are standing still somewhere, then they probably will run accross you.  I think you are in more danger from PCs in the 'rinth than in the desert.  Well, unless you go linkdead in the desert, three rooms away from a city gate.  :P

There are just a few psycho attack anything that moves NPCs in the 'rinth, while there are many like that in the desert.  However, the ones in the desert are more spread out.  Kind of a toss up if you ask me.

The one situation that really favors the 'rinth is when you drop link, but the MUD does not detect that you are LD.  If it knows you are LD that the counters that heal you, make you hunger and make you thirsty stop running, if it doesn't know that you are LD those counters  keep running, so if you are gone for a long time you may die of hunger or thirst.  The thirst penalties in the open desert are worse than those inside the city, so an undetected LD person is more likely to suffer dehydration in the desert than in the 'rinth.  Dying from dehydration when you have 2 gallons of water in your backpack sucks.

Overall, I'm more afraid of being helpless (LD) in the 'rinth than in the desert.  The rinth is just more crowded, and crowds are more dangerous in this game than thristy isolation.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I'm gonna go with the rinth, just cause it's pk heaven. And you may not die, but you might find yourself stripped naked from head to toe.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

In a very nasty section of the 'rinth while leaving the room and forgetting I was logged in and getting pounded with the dehydration code as nasty things started to mess me up.  Yeah.

If you didn't want to die, I'd say the worst place to go linkdead would be somewhere in the tablelands involving lots of gith always roaming around, killing anything they can find...but other than that, in terms of more embarassing places to go linkdead...in the middle of a popular tavern for so many days that people started to think you were an npc  :oops:

-Rhyden

A vicious tembo has arrived from the north.

~linkdeath~
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.