Roleplay Rundown..

Started by Sir Diealot, August 15, 2004, 04:51:09 PM

point taken. However, since it would be an option, and could easily be monitored by staff, the other arguments don't make much sense to me.

Especially when the proponents of the other side don't even take the time to try and understand where I'm coming from and, instead, spout the same thing time and time again.
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

Maybe because where you are coming from makes no sense to us.

The thought of a char concept that revolves around stats is simply boggling to me. The thought of an intelligent person who KNOWS the stats are random building a char that has to have certain stats...again..BOGGLE.

What is even worse is when the player can't manage to suck it up and have the char take a diff route.

And maybe the fact that you do not seem to be looking at the larger picture at all, or the way it might effect the rest of the game in the long run.

Something I've spoken of in other threads on this subject, but if ordered stats or "optimized" chars come into effect, eventually the balance of npc power will be upset and the staff will simply have to make them more powerful to bring the balance back, of course, essentually that would mean instant death by npc for anybody alone and under 20days played if they left the gates, But hey, who cares right?

Do any of you think about the over all far reaching effect on the game and game world and you chars if it goes into affect? It means many more assassins might live long enough to be able to kill with one hit, many more warriors and rangers able to roam the wilderness killing everything in sight, and more pick pockets able to steal the pack off your back, burglers able to clean out whole apartment complexes in an hour.

If even 10% more of any of these could be 10% better they would live longer and you WILL notice and I doubt you will like it much.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I didn't say I was going to build a character based on stats.  I said I wanted my stats... you know, those things that define how your character works in the world.. strong, fast, tough, smart.. to MATCH UP with my idea of my character.  I don't want all my warriors to have strength first.. If I want to make a quick, dodgy type.. I want to be able to make a quick dodgy type.  It might even be -necessary- to the RolePlay that he's not the toughest guy in the ring, but damn it's hard to hit him.. I don't want to have to play a half-elf to be able to do that, I want to be able to order my stats.  

Actually, I think you're missing my point.  When I say dodgy type -- I don't MEAN that I want AI agility.  I mean that I want to have agility that is higher than my strength.  stat ordering is customization, nothing more. It DOES NOT affect the heigth of your rolls, it simply makes them match with your concept.  Class bonuses are twinky.. they force people into a cookie cutter, where I want to be able to differentiate between Toughy McAxeWarrior and Dodgy McFencer.
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)