Climb, simple or is it?

Started by WhiteRanger, August 13, 2004, 04:39:30 PM

I was thinking about the climb skill....due to a recent occurance that involved quiet a good fall for my character. Anyways, when you are moving about the world, and you happen to go into a square that has a large pit, if you can climb well enough, you avoid the pit,,,if you dont,,,you fall into it as if you had never seen it at all...and this isnt like a hallways with a trap or anything,,,I mean very large outdoor areas, where you fall into a pit from coming into the square...this could only mean one thing...climb isnt just your ability to climb, persay, but also your ability to spot pits ect.....Though it may not be coded this way, I think its a good way to roleplay moving into a large square with a pit and not falling,,,its better than just climbing in an out of the pit for no reason,,,just rp that you rode around the pit because you spotted it...just a thought.
oodness, courage, and love is a song. In my travels I have learned one thing, evil creatures can not sing.  -Drizzt Do'Urden-

..?
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Is this a question? comment? or suggestion?

It's a suggestion for how one might play out using climbing skill in certain areas. I fully agree with it, and listing it like this might well motivate players who hadn't thought of it previously.
So, unless it discloses so much code and world as to be IC sensitive, I'd say it's all very good.