Thank you Vendyra

Started by Ghost, July 31, 2004, 05:18:07 PM

Very sad to see you go, Vendyra, I know you worked very hard but I also remember how willing you were to give a kind word.  I'm still tickled that you liked an old desert elf character of mine.  Good luck.

And so the curtain comes to a close once again for an Armageddon legend.

In all the years I've played Armageddon, I can freely admit I've spent a good part of it complaining about different elements of the game, and directed a lot of frustration at a few of the staff members. It would be easy to give up my habit of ranting if every experience in Armageddon was a negative one. Fortunately for me (and unfortunately for some), there are certain gifted players and writers who act as living proof that Arm does have its moments where it shines as an electronic masterpiece of written fiction.

Bringing Vendyra onto staff was one of the best decisions the Arm staff has ever made. In a time where staff members are often in big demand with big shoes to fill, we more than often have too little feet. I'm glad to see that Vendyra made her footprint, and deserves to be recognized. Sometimes the littlest steps go the farthest distance when making a positive impression on someone, and Vendyra I thank you wholeheartedly for giving the playerbase of your time an experience to remember.

It's almost always the case that the great contributors to the game are the ones that leave after so "little" time. They're the ones who are in touch with their own needs in their quest for self-discovery, and with the needs of the people around them, and thus have a tendency to need to return to the real world and see who else, and what else, is waiting for them just around the corner. While it'll be a loss for the world of Armageddon to see Vendyra go, I'm happy to see her getting on with her life.

Have a great future in the real world, Vendyra. I wish you all the best.

I came from a mud where contacting the imms was a dangerous thing, for you risked having your head bitten off or, if you were lucky, your request would be simply ignored.

So it was with trepidation that I sent off my first email to my first clan imm.  And not only did she answer promptly but she offered me totally unsolicited positive feedback on how I was playing my character.  WOW!  I was so impressed.  And so it went with all of our communication from then on -- always a response within 24 hours, and always positive and supportive.

Vendyra, you set a high standard for imm-dom.  :)  You will be sorely missed.
UNICORN
QuoteSome things have to be believed to be seen.