Thank you Vendyra

Started by Ghost, July 31, 2004, 05:18:07 PM

Although you might not remember when and how, you did help me a couple of times during my absolute n00b times, when I seriously was in trouble.

Good luck on your new job.  And thank you (although it is a little late for that) .
some of my posts are serious stuff

My reaction to seeing a thread with 'retirement' in the title and 'Vendyra' as the author:

"ACK! No!"

You'll be missed, it was always very pleasant interacting with you. Best of wishes and enjoy whatever the future brings.

(Stoopid typos.)

Ditto.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I don't want to copy and paste Ghost's post. You may remember, I was Karug. If you didn't help me, I would give up.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I refuse to consider this "goodbye" (I'm stubborn that way), so I'm going to say "See you later, Vendyra." I can't emphasize enough how much of a positive impact you have had on my Armageddon experience.  Thank you, and best of luck to you in everything.

I'm a pain in the ass to work with sometimes, but you always did it beautifully.  I very much hope to have you back as soon as possible.

Good luck with everything, Shade and Fortune to you :)
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

My second serious character started playing under your clan.  It was an awesome experience...its really what turned the game from a fun MUD into crackageddon to me.  Thanks so much, I've been biding my time to play under you again and I guess I just have to wait a little while longer  :wink:   Thanks so much for the interaction I received with you as an imm and enjoy all the real life junk that goes on while getting yourself situated, when you wanna chill and enjoy come on back as the great player I'm positive you are and as the excellent Imm I know you are.

So umm, thanks.

<sniff> I'll miss ya, and hopefully there'll be a silver rose waiting for you upon your return.

I can't believe that there's a thread just for me.  I'm touched that you guys really care this much about me.  Thank you.

I want to apologize for my behavior over the last few months, and during my later days in House Winrothol and the Atrium.  I can tell that the quality of my work decreased while I was looking for jobs, applying to jobs, and waiting for word back.  A lot of things went into the process, and I think I also started to withdraw from the game before my official hiatus/retirement announcement so that it wouldn't be as hard for me to leave.  That was unfair to you.

I didn't realize that I had touched so many players during my time as a staff member.  I think that an important aspect of my interactions was my work with clans; it provided me an outlet for my creativity as well as time to really mingle with players.  I loved running clans.  In my time, I ran House Winrothol, House Tenneshi, House Borsail, and the Atrium.  Clan leaders, think about all of the people who you have affected as well.

Were you guys talking about me in IRC?  I'm going to have to see a log of that!
Vendyra

You gave me my first actual mail from an Imm, and it was an impressed compliment about my use of VNPCs. That was my first rp oriented character, after a long line of 1-5 day hack n slashers, and it has driven me to really enjoy the game to the fullest.

Thanks, and I hope everything works out well for you.

I don't even remember what my first report emails looked like, but thank you for reading them and giving feedback and all that.

Enjoy your vacation and come back when it's convenient again. :)
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I'll say one more thing:

I really enjoyed working under you as a clan imm for one very large reason.  EVERY imm asks that we send reports and such about our characters and what's going on.  With most others, it's very hard to do so, just because of lack of feedback.  I greatly enjoyed sending you reports, because I -always- got word back about how things should be going, what I could change, and what I liked.

It was two sided reports, as opposed to sending information on us to a black abyss that we knew nothing about.

I want you back here asap, dammit.  If you're not, I'm finding your new job and putting arm posters all over your office, or cubicle, or whatever.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I never really got to play with you, Vendyra. Or rather under you.

I do remember fondly a time when a certain NPC in the Byn gave my young character a lesson. As it was while you were temporarily looking after that clan, I am assuming it was you. I remember that she looked somehow familiar, but it was very near to the end until i realised where I had seen her.

Later, I had the opportunity to meet some Winrothol people. Nervewrecking and fun experiences, all.

I wish you a good vacation and hope to hear you have returned again soon. :)
f time conversions are giving you a head-ache, visit: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

*cry*
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

We never had interacted much.. but every time we did it was always something crazy radical.

One thing always stood out in my mind: You wished me luck on a certain character-- complimented my writing style. He turned into my longest-lived dude, even thus far.

Thank you for the experiences you gave to me-- I only wish I'd played in one of your clans at least once. Maybe-- just maybe-- when you return, we'll talk. Good luck in whatever path you take, because Socko says you'll go far.
"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing." -- Shunryu Suzuki

*cry*

Creep
21sters Unite!

Thank you, Vendyra, for helping to make my first character such an interesting and memorable one.

See you in the future!!
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

In five thousand nine hundred and eight years we'll be hitched.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Hooting and screeching with anxious rage of sorrow and loss, the naughty monkey furiously rattles the bars of his cage.

I also would like to express that you will be missed, and it has been a pleasure interacting with you in ArmageddonMud.

Good luck on your new career and come back to us soon!
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

If I propose will you stay?!

Creep
21sters Unite!

Everything I need to say was sent in an email. I bid you godspeed Ven.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Thank you for every nice comment or help you've offered on my roleplay, ideas, questions, problems, anything. You are wicked kick ass. Hope to see you come back when work and time allows. =)

Good luck and see ya later!
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

After you became an imm I never talked with you much, but I really enjoyed our time.

Dance, Armageddon, Dance

~cackles~ Everyone thought we were twinks in there. I miss our old gang. But time change, eh? Hopefully we'll start chatting again! Good luck with your job.

-Tort

P.S.
Hey, wait, does this mean you won't be at the APM?
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

I've had the distinct pleasure to play with Vendyra when she was a player, piss her off when she was a pretty new Immortal and later clear the air a bit. It's rare to see a person take on a position such as this with as much dedication. It's even rarer when that person keeps their nose to the grindstone and shows no signs of slowing or becoming bitter. You've done nothing but improve. You've improved your own self in both work and roleplaying ability, you've improved any clan you touched, you've improved the quality of life of those of us who have been honored to play with you and, with your additions to the mud, even those who haven't played directly under you. You made a big difference and you'll be missed, terribly.

ShaLeah
-who bids Vendyra a safe path and farewell... and knows this won't be goodbye...

QuoteYou used to rock me in the cradle of your arms,
You said you'd hold me till the pains of life were gone.
You said you'd comfort me in times like these and now I need you,
Now I need you, and you are gone.

I am sitting here wanting memories to teach me,
to see the beauty in the world through my own eyes.
Since you've gone and left me, there's been so little beauty,
But I know I saw it clearly through your eyes.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.