Economy and rate exchange

Started by Mordere, July 30, 2004, 03:52:19 PM

As always, I'll begin this message by stating first it may have been suggested already, but I don't have the patience to read every thread/post, and secondly, I'm not a coder, so I don't know how difficult this would be to pull off.

I will say that I think it'd be really cool to have different types of money between Tuluk and Allanak, and perhaps differing rate exchanges to reflect the general economy. Anyone ever seen Eurotrip? Besides the massive amounts of breasts.. it was hilarious when they added together their 1.83 American and ended up living like kings. Unrealistic, that example, but what if the rates differed? It might add too much complication to an already complicated game, or it might add an extra layer to politics, merchantilism, etc. Anyways, just a suggestion.

I think it's a good idea, however, I have no idea how hard it would be to do. So from a playing aspect i think it would be good, from a coders point of view (which I'm not) it may be a nightmare. :?
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

Dude,

That would be badassed if there were three or four types of currency, with slightly flexibe exchange rates.  It would add another dimension of roleplaying, especially if NPC didn't do any currency exchanges, and it was forbidden to post about suggested exchange rates on the GDB.  

That way it would all be --way-- IC.
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin