Stopping

Started by sosaria, July 24, 2004, 09:39:15 PM

Using the stop command to stop stacked movements.

Nifty idea good enough for me! Idea wasn't from me though.

It'll never happen, sorry.  Consider Armageddon a game that requires strategy.  If you preplan your strategy with no ability to adapt and change to new incoming information by presending commands, then you've made a choice for your character...just don't do it unless you know you won't be stopping.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

That's easy.  Don't spam commands.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I stack commands a lot of times, but only when it has to do with something mundane that I don't want to spend half a RL-day doing.  Like emptying out a bunch of the same things from a chest or, well, that's all I can think of.

I don't think concessions should be put in for people who want to spam walk or what have you as it's akin to encouraging it.

When I do the mistake of stacking too many commands, I've found that simply reconnecting clears it up. Though,  I'd love to see a command to clear the stack in game.

A non-twinky example of stacked commands are walking commands. It would be absolutely great to have a stop command that would stop stacked, delay-ridden commands. It can be put into so many senarios, and it would be useful in every single one. Two thumbs up.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Just say no to spam-walking.

I believe someone said that with the way the code works, that would be problematic.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.