half the walk tick, extend the length of a day

Started by MSM, July 23, 2004, 01:55:16 PM

On the topic of things just taking forever....

Why not cut the movement tick down? Why does it take me half a day to walk to the bazaar and get something tailored?

And why not make days longer...?

Edit:

Note...not the nights...just the daylight hours.

Night is already only half as long as day.  But... in either city I really doubt it takes you three IG hours (45 minutes!) to walk anywhere and back.

It may take you that long if you are devising different emotes and walking emotes for EVERY move you make.  

My suggestion to keep it within more realistic/comfortable/enjoyable bounds:  save some of those emotes for later.  There can be such thing as emote spam, and it sounds like you may be doing it if it takes 45 minutes to get from a tavern to the bazaar.  So, save many of those emotes and solo-rp scenarios for later days.  It will be more enjoyable for you, as you won't run out of material so fast, and it won't be so OOCly draining.  

Anyhow, I would not like to see anything with the time code changed, unless it's making all "hours" about 13 or 15 minutes long.  That, I would approve of.  And movement ticks aren't extraordinarily long...unless you have AMAZING amounts of lag.

Allanak and Tuluk both have populations in the hundreds of thousands.  Unlike modern cities that population isn't crammed into high rise apartments and the like.

I'd imagine both cities are pretty big, as such a lengthy walk time-wise and room-wise makes sense to me.  And the time it takes to get there has never been half a day for me regardless, so I don't think the current setup is off at all.

You can always elf it, if you are in a hurry.  Run, run, run, sit.  Unless you are playing a sissy who is afraid to get his clothes sweaty.

And don't make the hours any longer.  Cripes, do you know how long it takes to get through a schedualed sparring period now?  No more!  No more!  I just can't take any more!  :P

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I think he meant the lag on movement.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I hate spending two thirds of the night off just walking to and from the bar.

I suppose I could just right down the directions exactly and spam it.

*sighs*

It would take me half a day to walk down to downtown Edmonton, and Edmonton is probably hecka smaller than Allanak.

Just sayin'.