New Idea

Started by Xerokine, July 17, 2004, 06:22:00 PM

Ever since I've started playing here and had my first reaction to wanting to torture someone but couldnt for fear of them contacting everyone in the Known World telling them who I am and what I look like along with their location. I've since then been trying to devise a way that would prevent such happening thus allowing for a small torturing time. Perhaps, if below 15 or 25 HP you would not be able to successfully use the way allowing your captors a small amount of time to held a very intriqueing session of torture for information needed. Any thoughts?
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

There are methods in game to accomplish this.

Albeit, they might not be extremely easy.  But psionics was developed for reasons exactly like this as a survival mechanism.  Calling for help in times of distress.

Torture them in a dark room.  ;p

Hey.  If you ever want to torture me, I'll promise not to tell anybody.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I don't know... Subdue them, then we have items in game which will act like a blindfold. RP forcing them into the victim's eyes and then OOC them to wear it. Better sap them in the head. Then take him to the course of action. He may psi to his friends till he passes out, but he won't be able to tell where the drov he is.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I don't know, I think its good that torture is risky.

People who can AFFORD to torture their enemies are those who don't fear any potential retribution.  Makes it a luxury.

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"

People who can AFFORD to torture their enemies are those who don't fear any potential retribution.  Makes it a luxury.

I say no to this.

Two rinth rats can torture anyone.  And they dont have to be fearless.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: "Ghost"
Quote from: "Marauder Moe"

I say no to this.

Two rinth rats can torture anyone.  And they dont have to be fearless.

But should the Way code be changed so they don't have to worry about their victim calling for help/retribution?

I, being a huge fan of torture... er, in the game, yeah, would like to ask if it isn't even -supportive- of torture to ask a question or two.. beat the piss out of them until they have no stun points (making it impossible to use the way), revive them with the methods in game, ask a few more questions, and repeat? In between tearing out fingernails, and cutting off eyelids, there has to be some good old fashioned cold cocking.

-T

Blindfolds are a bad idea if you want your toy to see what's in store.
Best to take them to a secret place no one knows about, a hidden lair, and wear a mask so they don't know who you are.

You would expect that someone who is cool enough to RP out a torture scene is also going to be cool enough to not be able to pin-point your description if you wear a full-faced leather mask.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

No moe. I don't think it should.
Why? Because the people IG would be able to do it probably.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I'm going to side with Moab, on this one.  I tend to get involved in much cooler plots, subplots, intrigues and activities with people that I percieve as good, mature role-players.

People who I pereive as lacking that maturity, I basically have very little to do with.  I've noticed other people doing this too.
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin

Bet you they psionically see right through your mask.  I mean, because...you never know who's a mindbender who uses their psionics to see who you are anyway, right?  That's what I was told in the masks thread, heh.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger