The metal tipped spear bounces off your tough skin

Started by sheep, July 01, 2004, 09:29:04 PM

I'm just writing because the boards don't seem to have as much new stuff lately.

I used to think that endurance was the least important of all stats (you can always find a kank for those long desert trips and what not), but my current character, with the highest endurance of all my characters, has managed to survive fall off cliffs, getting chased by halflings and raptors, getting transported into the middle of nowhere desertville and is still able to make it back to the nearest city realatively unhurt.

I think endurance is a stat that truely matters. I mean, what are you going to do? Practice falling off cliffs to improve your survive-a-fall-off-shield-wall skill?

Endurance = Long Life?
What do you guys think?

You fall off the shield wall.
You hit a jagged rock on the way down.
You hit another jagged rock on the way down.
An arrow flies in from above and hits you in the neck.
You land on the blade of a sharp titanium knife, sticking out of the ground.

Think "Eh, whatever."
The figure brushes a bit of dust from her cloak and climbs back up to the north road.

I once got knocked out in the rinth and woke up a second later, then proceeded to beat feet clutching my head and screaming. Oh yeah, high endurance is nice.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Yey.. I had a magicker who fell into a hole, wandered in some cave system without a torch for days, then fell again, walked back to the nearest relatively safe place with a limp. No I wasn't a Whiran... Extraordinary endurance makes you nearly immune to falling, hunger and thirst.
But extraordinary wisdom is my favourite for sure. I don't like warriors much.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

High endurance is nice, but basic street (desert really) smarts is where it's at.  If you know what you're doing, you can survive most things.  It's when you push outside of that comfort/ safe zone that you're in trouble.

My PC once fell off a cliff (not the first time and probably not the last), stupid thing really, should have known better.  Anyhow, the fall wasn't that bad and my Hp's were still ok as he's pretty tough.  It's just that I was almost unconscious.  No problem right, just rest a little and then move on.  Well, right there is an aggressive type beast who begins attacking me.  I can easily whip this thing no problem, but imagine what would've happened to my 20+ day PC if he'd have gone unconscious.  As it was, this particular beast sometimes whacks you and can ring your bell, if you know what I mean.  In the almost unconscious state that I was in, that routine fight became one blow away from death for me.

So, endurance can help you when you make some bad choices, that's for sure.
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?