Eating Human meat.

Started by Moofassa, July 01, 2004, 12:34:14 AM

Why cant we eat other pc's meat...  i think we should be able to.. and i dont see a need to put an arguement with this.. it just makes sense :p
your mother is an elf.

I heard a story once.. about some people turning into cannibals IG because they weren't fully.. prepared. I think if you were in desperate need.. you could wish up. *shrug* I could be wrong.
he love that you have found is the love that you can never find, because it's the love that is never able to be found.

Come on epople, talk in this thread, think about it, if we can skin a gortok, or a durrit or a carru we kills, why is it not coded that we can skin a human body, it's just as viable, and it makes just as much sense, i realise not many people would do it, but for the people that it was IC for, it would help with there roleplaying.... no one has any comments? Or suggestions to this... suggestion?
your mother is an elf.

I presume you're talking about exocannibalism or some similar practice, and not eating one's species for survival.  I don't see why this sort of custom would not exist on Zalanthas (somewhere);  there is evidence on our planet of cannibalism spanning back amongst Neanderthal tribes -- historically speaking, it is either considered atrocious and sacrilegious, or a sacred and revered custom.

With city-dwelling humans, of course, you'd have to be a psychopath.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

I don't think we can 'skin' a human body but i guess we can take parts to eat ...having said that I don't think it is nessasary code wise.

For one, I don't think most people would or have much of a chance to do it... you only be able to do this outside the city (think the people would let you get away with carving a corpse on the street).  If your outside the city your probably going out prepared and if your hungry you could kill a small animal or something which would in most time be easier than finding or killing a humanoid.

I think gofmk is right...if you are outside the city and have a corpse with you and are very desperate or feel like turning into a cannibal, I'm sure you can emote it and then wish up...Bon Apetite

Sadly, you cannot code PC's to be skinable. (I may be mistaken)

But, i dont see why you can just simply code everyone like a halfling - they can "Eat" bodies, cant they?
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

I don't know why you couldn't...I know of some humanoids that are skinable. *shrugs*
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: "jhunter"I don't know why you couldn't...I know of some humanoids that are skinable. *shrugs*

Humanoid NPC or Humanoid PC? They are coded diffrently. You cant attact skinable obj's to a P-file.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

Another good reason for it not to be coded is to discourage careless canibalism -- PCs eating PEOPLE without really thinking about what that means.  If you want to eat people for ceremonial reasons you can RP that.  If you want eat people out of desperation or deviency you can wish up or special app.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Anarchy"You cant attact skinable obj's to a P-file.
Of course you can. The obstacle to this addition is that the Staff does not want to see humans-eatters running wild and becoming unrealistically normal.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I think if anyone tried to skin a human, they would just create a bloody mess of useless bits that no-one would have any use for.
And think, realistically. Only very short people would do this.
Or, if you want to do a "last of the mohee..".er, however the fuck you spell that, then RP it out. It could be pretty cool.

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"
Quote from: "Anarchy"You cant attact skinable obj's to a P-file.
Of course you can. The obstacle to this addition is that the Staff does not want to see humans-eatters running wild and becoming unrealistically normal.

I thought the same thing, on another Dike code-base, i currupted the p-files. Perhaps its diffrent here, who knows.

------

A corpse is not part of a pfile.

It is an object, plain and simple, a container object, skinning is a script.

Actually, death is a script. char dies, game places container obj with all items of pc in it, and sets the sdesc to the same as the pc, this is why there is no mdesc on corpses, also it is a 0 capacity container, this is why you cannot place objects back into it.

Skinning is also simply a script where the skinned object is removed and replaced with other possible objects, probobly with matching numbers to the call for the skin script off the skinned opject.

Anything can be made skinnable, any of the staff that is good with the skinnables could make an argosy skinnable in a short period of time if they wanted, or a bed, or a fountain, or probly even living pc's and npc's.

That being said, it has been questioned on the gdb before, I'm suprised lazloth has not already linked in the threads.

Myself, I think they should be skinnable, not so much that I've had any chars who would eat the meat, but I've had one or two that really would have liked an elf skin cloak, or to have a bunch of ears, or teeth or skulls etc.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I agree with being able to take trophies from bodies.  I think this can be achieved by wishing up though.

drop the body with the desciption its missing an eye, and then wish up to get an eyeball item.

This is assuming the majority of the world wouldn't enjoy walking around with humanoid body parts in their rucksack.

Well you can already chop the head off a body, maybe making the head wearable?..
uppers.

Well, beheading would be nice except the heads delete on reboots or if you log out. not much of a trophy there, one reason some people have asked for a preserve skill/command.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I'm all for code to allow humans (and other so-called intelligent fauna of Zalanthas) to be skinned and eaten.

Elf.  The other white meat.    :twisted:
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.