Scrabs.....Dangers of the Desert

Started by The Whip, June 14, 2004, 06:34:57 PM

So plentiful......I think they are alot smarter than they let on.

Not long ago (a week maybe) I fought THE SMARTEST SCRAB in Zalanthas.Normally they seem unintelligent but this scrab was different.It drew weapons from THIN AIR hinting to the mighty Magicker Scrabassin class?Maybe.....Well I ended up running as fast as I could and told an IC friend and he made a bet.....Poor guy lost alotta moneys. 8)
ou can change the past but the future can refuse to change.

Heh, I whacked that scrab senseless with my wooden boot! :)

Thin Air - Scrab are huge. Unless you can see through massive objects and detect the positioning and forms of weaponry on their persons, I'd be surprised if you would know whether or not a scrab was treading on some weapon of some sort. Maybe it was dragging it along underneath and to a side you hadn't been able to get a good sight of.

As to wielding a weapon - I don't think they should be able to myself but then again, something that was able to manage to hold a weapon doesn't necessarily mean it'd be good at it. I'd bet that the scrab would be better using its mandibles than a weapon against X. I'm not positive if this is the case but I've fought something with a weapon before and it sucked with the weapon compared to when it used its mandibles.

I guess.Maybe its claws got stuck on em but this could mean something else.I never really considered scrabs as huge I mean I consider huge like a mekillot. :D But I suppose you could be right.Maybe that scrab had a sparring sessions with a jozhal.Who knows. :cry:

I guess.Maybe its claws got stuck on em but this could mean something else.I never really considered scrabs as huge I mean I consider huge like a mekillot. :D But I suppose you could be right.Maybe that scrab had a sparring sessions with a jozhal.Who knows. :cry:

Isn't that a little to ic to be telling people about that?..
uppers.

Ya thats what I am worried about.I dont think it is unless no one knows scrabs exist.

Ya thats what I am worried about.I dont think it is unless no one knows scrabs exist.

:edit:And there I go again with that double post.Never again shall I use the back button.

As I'm sure many of you know, scrab closely resemble mantis. Scrab could be considered much like base, primitive mantis.. but they have more then animal intelligence since they can and (apparently) will use tools. Alot of other creatures on Zalanthas that many of you would assume to be beasty animal things, are actually more sophisticated then they might seem..
Keepin' it dusty,
                     Mr.B

EvilRoeSlade: "There's something seriously wrong when I say aide and everyone hears whore."

2nd edition DnD (Dark Sun) says:

Scrabs have 14 Intelligence score over 18...

It is very interesting to me, considering that an average human has 10 over 18  :lol:
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
---------------------------
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf

Quote from: "Koala"2nd edition DnD (Dark Sun) says:

Scrabs have 14 Intelligence score over 18...

It is very interesting to me, considering that an average human has 10 over 18  :lol:

I'm sure armageddon is a little different tho....

they're probably 9/18 or 8/18
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

If they're smarter than humans does that mean they gonna develope gun powder soon? 8)

MAybe they evolved after humans, they could still be smarter, but 'unmature'

Just give them a few years...they'll soon be the race-to-be
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Quote from: "ashjpd"Isn't that a little to ic to be telling people about that?..

Its a code quirk/bug/whatever. No scrab would wield a weapon because no scrab IC'ly can. So not IC, IMO at least.
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.