sunbacks and weight

Started by Agent_137, June 13, 2004, 03:48:12 PM

Am i the only one that finds it odd that this particular sunback can carry my weight plus the backpack on my back, but he can't carry the backpack without me wearing it?

It's not just sunbacks Agent. That's what happens any time you remove your pack, which raises your overall encumbrance.

When you wear it, you might be at "heavy, but manageable." When you remove it, you might now be at "unbelievably heavy." And at that point, the mount is gonna say "This ain't gonna happen, dood."

Your best bet is to lighten up your load. Second thing would be to have a friend help you out. Take a coupleof the heaviest things out of your pack, drop them on the ground, pack the pack, then have the friend hand the stuff back to you, where you can put them in an empty second pack on your back.

It's justa quirk of the code and takes some juggling to get it right. But I'd suggest that if you're carrying that much stuff, you probably should've stopped hunting/foraging/looting an hour ago <snicker>

alright, I'll work with it, but it's still silly.

:O

thanks for the quick response.

Also carry a few bags.  Divide the load and try packing each seperately.  That will also work.

The reason it cant carry that much weight might also be about the balance.  You put too much weight in one spot, and that changes its center of mass alot, and makes the mount difficult to hold its balance and move regularly.  You divide the load into few bags, and pack them:  Now the load is seperated, it wont make much effect to the centre of mass, of the mount.
some of my posts are serious stuff