Blackwing Encampment

Started by Blah, June 07, 2004, 03:52:36 AM

I'm sure this isn't very great IC information so I'll ask...

How friendly is the elves in the Blackwing Encampment? Are outsiders able to enter the encampment for trade, or will they be attacked by 50 uber elves upon entry?

It is a trade outpost, people who are interested in trade are welcome.

Since there is no racial unity, humans and dwarves are as welcome as elves, as far as I know.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

It's a trading post, and open to traders.  I wouldn't try to live there if you aren't an elf, but it is perfectly reasonable to stop and shop.  

However, while the Blackwing themselves are friendly to traders, some of the visiting elves from other tribes are not.  Don't be surprised if you get attacked by "raiders" near the Blackwing outpost.  Some elves are xenophobic to a pathalogical degree, and will kill you simply for being on the trade road.  You'd think the mercantile elves would want to keep the trade routes clear and object to behavior that impedes trade, but NPCs aren't that clever.  :roll:

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

There is a trading outpost, run by the Blackwing, which is open to all sorts of trade.  There is an actual Blackwing encampment as well, and its occupants do not like visitors.

Is it safe to say that when I see an encampment or out post and I look at it and there are no obious signs that it is hostile, I should be able to take a look inside safely, or should I take the other approach if it doesn't say trading or something like that assume they are going to kick my ass as soon as I enter?  (this is my current approach)
Vettrock

USUALLY, yes, but as with all things Zalanthan, there is no such thing as safe.  Typically we -do- try to describe the exterior of places to include visual warnings (skulls, angry looking guards, lots of apparent weapons, etc.), but the decision for your PC is not meant to be black & white.  But we don't try to set these things up as blind death traps, either... your character just has to be smart, at the least.  Paranoid at the worst.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]

One more related question can you flee out after entering an encampent, or am I just gonna flee futher in and get myself killed?
Vettrock

This may or may not be great advice...So I await the impending slap from the Imms if this warrants.

That said:

1) Think before you enter anything you've not been in before...Maybe look inside. :)  Remember if it's a NOT major outpost,  you are most likely not welcome there.

2) From a code point of view.....In my experience...using the 'enter' command to go into any encampment, structure or settlement is much, much more dangerous then just going in a direction through a set of open gates.  I don't think you can flee leave...you may be able to flee o, but I've not tried.

Quote from: "MSM"...I don't think you can flee leave...you may be able to flee o, but I've not tried.

You can flee leave.  You can use the flee command alone, and it might let you "leave".  It is realistic, and the code supports that.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: "Vettrock"One more related question can you flee out after entering an encampent, or am I just gonna flee futher in and get myself killed?
"Flee out" works.
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?