Ariada's Clothing

Started by Supreme Allah, November 21, 2002, 06:51:34 PM

Do you want more choices available in Ariada's Clothing?

Yeah, let's see some more options.
34 (85%)
No, Ariada's Clothing is fine.
6 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: November 21, 2002, 06:51:34 PM

I think Ariada's Clothing in Allanak should offer a greater range of options.

Red--------Sandcloth-Cloak
Blue-------Hide--------Shirt
White------Silk--------Aba
Black------Cloth------Trousers
Green------------------Skirt
Purple------------------Vest

The idea itself is a good one, but it needs to be expanded upon. I don't think I've -ever- seen someone wearing one of these items. With more choices, however, I think this could be quickly changed.

For example, in the colors department, throw in crimson, ebony, ivory, silver, indigo, brown(russet?), azure, orange, gray, et cetera - more options and more detail.

For materials, I don't know.. maybe leather.

For actual products, I wouldn't mind seeing bandanas (of which I'm a big fan), sleeves, great/long/windcloaks, capes, gloves, sashes, robes, surcoats, dusters, pants(with pockets), or anything else that could reasonably be made. Maybe not ALL of this stuff should be thrown in, but at least some of it. I'd like to this little place in the bazaar brought to its full potential.

Obviously, the more complex or detailed the item requested, the greater the price. Like, crimson would cost more than red, greatcloaks more than cloaks - you get the idea.

Maybe even a waiting period could be thrown in for the more complex items (since they'd be sort of like custom-made just for the person ordering), like you do when you go to the tailor. Actually, this might already be the case - I've just never actually used the store, and don't know anyone who has.

That's all I got.

-SA

(If any Imm(s) thinks this post and/or any of its ideas have merit, I'd be happy to submit descriptions to help out. Just PM/AIM me with whatever you'd think you would implement. I'd be happy to write something up and send in it.)

What about hats, belts, and pajamas?  Well, ok...  not pajamas.  I doubt there's any full-body pajamas (with footies) around, even at Fale.

Saitorr - had the only pair of erdlu pajamas (with footies) but burned them!

I've gotten a black cloak from the before, it was greatly inferiour to the hood cloaks that can be bought for much less...

Everything should have a hood, why have a cloak else wise in a place where without the hood the sand would just go right down the neck and into your clothing anyways...

Creeper who is now imagining hooded breastplates...
21sters Unite!

There should be more separate hood items I think... the only one I can think of is a sandcloth cowl, well that's the only one I've seen that can be raised or lowered. I've seen other hoods that just go on the head location, but don't act as a hood.

I think part of the problem is that there are no finished samples, you can't see what a given item will look like.  I have bought clothes there, but I've only kept them until something "better" comes along.  I'm not the only one, while I rarely see people wearing her clothes I often see them for resale at the Kadian shop after an unsatified customer traded them in.  

What is the main advantage of clothing over armor?  Pockets.  When I'm looking for non-armor clothing the pockets are important to me, so I'm willing to pay extra for clothing with pockets (which is good, because items with pockets usually cost 100-300 more than similar items without pockets).  In capes, cloaks and abas I often prefer one that has a hood built in.  In Adrianna's there is no way to tell if an item will have pockets or a hood until after you cough up the cash, and I don't think anything I ever got there had hoods or pockets.

8) Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Yeah! Adult Content covered just what I was trying to say! GO AC!!!!

Creeper wants to join AC's cool club.

8) Creeper

See... It ALL fits just fine.
21sters Unite!

I go there from to time. Do you have -any- idea how difficult it is to find cheap clothing? Sure you can find other clothing but it's normally not as good, sometimes I get my characters clothes to fit a particular theme, so yeah.

AC said it best.

Lack of pockets and hoods have kept me away from that particular blonde seemstress for years now.
For I have loved the stars too fondly to fear the night.~

Wait... cloth is a choice for cloth? Wait -kind- of cloth? Cotton? Satin? Linen? Wool? Polyester?

Don't ask me. Should change that to linen or something.

Far as hoods and pockets go, I don't see why they wouldn't have them, at least if the more expensive items were implemented.

I had a couple of characters who would go to her.  I always assumed she was the most popular merchant (in terms of players buying from) in the whole Allanaki bazaar.

As for her availability, I would love to see more on the list.  Maybe cloaks with hoods.  Robes.  Dresses.  Maybe even some standard jewelry.

Is it possible for players to present these ideas and have them implemented?  Because I'd gladly increase her list if that's not being overly presumptuous of me.

Hoodwink

Hooded cloaks, for sure.

Bandanas and maybe wraps (head wrap, wrist wrap, ankle wrap).
quote="Lirs"]Sometimes I wonder why I do it.. when reading the GDB feels like death.[/quote]

and belts and wristwraps and head dresses
Go ahead take it what harm could it do"