Crashes Galore

Started by PonchosAreGoodPonchosCanB, June 01, 2004, 04:23:52 AM

Since this has happened this week after about 50 hours (I think) of continous play, I was beginning to wonder why it might've happened. Before, I figured it was just the staff testing out new code during the early hours of the reboot but then a crash after 50 hours or so of solid play would contradict that belief. So..that leaves us, the player base that can/is causing crashes.

What are we doing? How can we prevent these pesky crashes? IS there anything at all we can do or are we simply the victims of an uncertain period in our lives when we're doomed to stare at our monitors thinking nasty thoughts about how unpredictable ginka can be?

I don't think this is an ordinary crash.  According to the uptime counter the MUD is still running.  It isn't the router because you can reach the game, but it refuses connections.  I think Ginka is just tired of us.  :cry:

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Here's a happy thought to comfort you while you wait:  If the MUD has not crashed, but instead disconnected all the players and kept running alone, then all our characters are still there.  Just standing there, helpless.  Unable to draw a weapon, getting hungry and thirsty, getting picked on by wandering NPCs.

Pleasant dreams.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

emote eyes Angela Christine evilly.

Wonderful thoughts for the weary...*sigh* Stupid box. emote kicks the box around until it starts bleeding human blood for no reason whatsoever other than the fact that it doesn't make sense and sounds super stupid so as to create a long, fatigued rant that nobody cares about and probably finds very annoying.

It's alive!  :twisted: