Oops! I dropped it.

Started by Cuusardo, May 29, 2004, 06:56:07 PM

I've noticed that sometimes when a PC is given an object, they will drop it.  I've had it happen to me, and my inventory was completely empty, not to mention my encumbrance was manageable or lighter.  What is the reason for this?  Is the code designed to just randomly cause people to have a klutzy moment here and there?  And why does it happen more to some people than others?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

It's happened to me before, the odd thing is that it's only happened with my current pc an never with any others before. I'm wondering if it was added just since I started this pc or what.

*shrugs*
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

It has been around for at least 3 years that I know of, though I see no reason for it, agility does not seem to matter nor does enc or inv, seems to be a low % random event.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

XD is correct, it's a low prob event that just mimics the rl possiblity of dropping something you are handed.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

A low frequency even that, just the other day, at an event attended to by many PC's, a character happened to have dropped something two times in a row.  Wonder what the chances of that was?

Quote from: "Dakkon Black"XD is correct, it's a low prob event that just mimics the rl possiblity of dropping something you are handed.
Wow something like this really happens? I have been playing for almost 4 years now and have never had that happened to me, nor heard of it happening till now. Guess I didn't know as much as I thought about Arm, heh?
oy what the fonk you want? Big Worm

Its supposedly funny when it happens with a glass-item. I've heard stories that the glass will actually shatter, but have yet to witness it first hand.