GDB Upgrades

Started by spawnloser, May 23, 2004, 10:13:15 AM

Not to say the upgrades aren't cool, because I think they are the shit, to be honest.  What does everyone think of making the tag in the upper right hand corner of the GDB a bit clearer?  Perhaps adding a "Armageddon Status:" right above it, or something similar?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I think it's fine.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Armageddon MUD Uptime: 11:14:30
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

The Uptime message is fine, though 'Not Running' and 'Down For Maintence' could be made clearer.  And I think it should be placed under the Profile/PM/Logout buttons. :P

Cool upgrade though. :)
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I'm with Spawnloser here.  Someone might infer that the uptime has something to do with this board.  Having what Venomz said would work fine.

Initially I thought Brix meant it was going to say something like

It is currently dusk on Waleuk, the 17th day of the Descending Sun,
In the Year of Suk-krath's Vengeance, year 10 of the 21st Age.

The white moon, Lirathu, is high in the sky.

up there, like it does on the History of Zalanthas page.     That would be kinda cool too.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Until I read the thread about the upgrades, I had no idea what the little text in the corner meant.  I do agree with the others that think that something should be put to indicate that it's the mud's uptime.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I'd prefer that it were placed beneath the Profile/Log in line, the whole top looks off center to me now.  I like V's idea too.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: "flurry"Initially I thought Brix meant it was going to say something like

Big ditto.

Seeker

(I'm not at work.  I'm in Kansas!)
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Negative, good buddies.

Some characters are underground or otherwise not able to tell what IC time it is.  This would be a way that they could circumvent the code and figure out when to emerge from their hidey-hole.  I know this is already implemented as flurry noted on the History page -- I'd prefer that changed, as well.  Call me a stickler.

I would go with a simplistic solution like Venomz proposed.  Straight, to the point, allows little confusion, and is out of the immediate focus of your eyes unless you're looking for it.

--Zach

Quote from: "Zacharai"
Some characters are underground or otherwise not able to tell what IC time it is.  This would be a way that they could circumvent the code and figure out when to emerge from their hidey-hole.  I know this is already implemented as flurry noted on the History page -- I'd prefer that changed, as well.  Call me a stickler.

Meh.  The new time code makes this a moot point.  The hour changes every ten minutes on the tens.  If you knew what time it was when you went underground then it is easy to figure out what time it is now.  
Besides, being underground for a few minutes or hours shouldn't totally bedevil your circadian rythems, that should take a few days at least.  It isn't totally realistic that within moments of entering a cave you have no idea whatsoever what time it is, or even what day it is.  Yet in a room with no windows or a blinding sandstorm you always know what time it is.   It makes sense that people who stay underground for a long time would lose track of time, but the current system is a little clunky.  I figure it is just for atmosphere, and not designed to accurately simulate a character's ability to figure out the time.

The history page could be used as a work-around, but so what?  Is knowing the current time and date something that can be abused?  How?  If you have nothing better to do than look up the history page so that your sewer-dweller knows the correct time . . . well, I don't know what to say about that.  :roll:

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins