A nOOb's perception

Started by amoeba, May 20, 2004, 01:58:34 AM

As to the webpages, I think that http://www.armageddon.org/intro/adpage.html could be prettied up some, and maybe the front page too.  But leave the content pages alone.  That means no frames, but frames are way over rated anyway.  And for the love of Tek, please, no Flash!  Flash webpages are the devil.  

Personally I prefer substance to style, but there is no reason you can't have a little of both.  Judging a MUD by the webpage seems shallow, but maybe tht is just me.  Eye candy shouldn't have a high priority, I wouldn't want to pull staff off other projects to polish the webpage, but if someone wanted to pretty it up and could do it without slowing down the website, that would be good.  Not slowing down the website is important, because the game and the website run off the same machine, and a too-fancy website could lead to in-game lag.  (The GDB used to cause in-game lag until they moved it).

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Agent_137"I played dragonrealms (a pay mud...shudder) for seven years.

Amazing you played it that long, and then switched over to Armageddon. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly made you switch?

I used to play that one too, though for nowhere near as long before I got fairly tired of it.

-Simi

There's no need for an ooc command.  New players have many, many designated helpers they can contact for advice.  If anything, they should just be encouraged to do so more often.

A lot of the time your character is isolated when they need to figure something out, and can't walk up to an inn for help.  I don't know how I would have managed if I hadn't been able to ask Gorobei about syntax every five minutes when I first started.