RPI, permi-death, magic-scarce etc.

Started by ArmFan, May 10, 2004, 04:52:05 PM

Quote from: "Malken"For anyone interested.. The speed movement has been changed very recently (As in, less than 12 hours ago or so..) So it now takes less time to move from one room to another, at normal walking speed.

Actually, that's not true, heh. Movement speeds are the same as they've always been. As for stock, I'm not a huge Tolkien fan, but you don't really notice the "theme" too much once you're in the game.

Tried Harshlands for a while, but I couldn't stand the rampant typos and visibly buggy code. I did meet some fairly impressive roleplayers, but nothing has been able to come close to the experiences I have RPing in Armageddon.

The thing about Armageddon is that it has something for everyone - the explorers, the socialites, the sneaky bastards, the aggressive combat fans, and even the mudsexx0rz - and quality RP while doing any of the above.

Angela Christine wrote
QuoteEveryone should play Threshold for a year or two, it makes the staff here look like a bunch of pussycats.

She's not kidding.  I came over from Threshold.  Mean bunch of SOB's IM's.  Sorry but thats a subtle as I could come up with.  RP was enforced, but there was IMHO no realism whatsoever.  The plot lines were farcical and forced. The only thing going for it was a *very* active player community.  There was also a hell of a lot of infighting going on. If I wanted that I could just go to work.  I still to this day wonder why it always ranks high on the list.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

Quote from: "amoeba"I still to this day wonder why it always ranks high on the list.

Ignorance. I played Simutronic's Dragonrealms for seven years and firmly believed it was the best MUD in the whole world. And I paid for it for 4 years.

Now that I look back, armageddon was what a I wanted, and Dragonrealms was just something to cut my teeth on. Too bad it took me so long to find armageddon. D:

Err.... Ha ha!... Join Greystone! I may send you a script file which levels itself....
Sorry for fatal derailing... But I've been special apping for some time, so I tried 3 MUD's a day. You really think there's something like ARM? Ah, I should try Shadows of Isildur.
And, err.. I remembered. Let me just turn on Greystone's script to tease my Turkish friends there.

Cenghiz is really sorry that he started MUDding with pure H&S and doesn't know any other RPI MUDs but ARM.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I tried Threshold awhile back.  From the webpage, I figured it was a cool game. I later found out that it was pay to play - at least $50 a year is all that was required, I think. But, I can't believe you have to wait until you have paid about $100 just to use the "rest command." Thats about two years!  

Anyways, Arm rocks. I wish I did find it way back when I was roaming from game to game, looking for something I just couldn't find. The other RPIs are cool, but I dunno. Someone said Harshlands seems like a Cyber-sex RPI and from my few experiences with it, I think thats about right. SOI, is not a bad game at all. But Arm hogs up all my time so I can't really say anything else on it.
 got caught at school with my hands down my pants and had to keep it down there for  a whole week.......What a week!
~Chris, Family Guy