Sneak command echo

Started by Trenidor, April 26, 2004, 07:52:03 PM

The echo currently goes that someone is sneaking around, but aren't there two sneak types?

Hunting sneaking is sneaking around hinding behind bushes right?

City sneaking is refered to as acting casual while you walk with a large croud.

Shouldn't sneaking around with the city skill echo something like:

so and so arrived from the north casually walking.

Just an idea I though about that confuses me why people would think you are sneaking around if you are supposed to be acting casuall
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

It's also a matter of walking softly and avoiding sight.  Although I do play it off sometimes as walking casually or mingling with a crowd, I don't feel thats really appropriate when you're sneaking through that Noble's estate or trying to walk past a couple of guards.

Just my take.

Edited to add:  Also, depends how you play it.  A sneak/hide combo is most of the time going to be merging into the shadows or ducking behind someone/something because you're also out of sight if someone glances around.  Just using sneak to move through crowded streets (meaning if someone was actively looking they could still spot you easily) is walking casually but also means you're trying to blend in.  Failing means your just sticking out of the crowd despite your attempts.

And what if you're in a city, and there's no crowd?  Seems to me you'd have to find pillars/carts/wagons/statues/plants/shadows/barrels/muls/corners/doorways to hide in/around.

Citysneak does not automatically mean hiding casually in a crowd.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

It's an echo, backstab has the echo that you are stabbed in the back.

...it's always the same, so adapt it as the emotes/scenarios see fit.
Veteran Newbie