Street magicians.

Started by Sakra, April 20, 2004, 08:03:22 PM

Would street magicians/illussionists exist in Zalanthas, or would they be hunted down as real magickers? I'm not talking card tricks here, but more like fireworks and bursts of smoke etc.
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

In Tuluk? I would have to guess - they'd be killed on sight.

In Allanak? Maybe in the elemental quarter..personally I think it would be a terrific place for mages (and others) to do cantrips and stuff for entertainment.

If you mean street magicians as in guys doing card tricks.  IMHO, not a chance.

The smiling, copper-toned magician holds up a card and says, in Sirihish:
     "Is this the card you were holding?"

Looking astonished, a bewildered commoner says, in Sirihish:
     "Yes....yes it is."

A gasp runs through the crowd.

Eyes wide with palpable fear, a haggard old woman shouts, in Sirihish:
     "MINDBENDER!"

A half-giant soldier has arrived from the west.

*Beep*

In the Elementalists Quarter I can almost definitely say magicker entertainers would exist.

Everywhere else there would probably be fortune tellers, street entertainers, fire eaters, etc.  But actual illusions and street magick...probably not.

No fire eaters.. man.. you think swallowing a manifestation of Suk-Krath won't get you in trouble ?
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

We have a con artist subguild, so I'd imagine a lot of charlatans and swindlers and people who can do mystical normal stuff.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

there are a few some might call 'street magicians' in Tuluk. A coded entertainer in a tavern juggles and makes the balls 'dissappear and reappear' as he goes. I'm sure it would be okay as long as you didn't do anything to extreme (mindreading tricks and illusions of "real" magick) Though I think a street magician would make a great PC anywhere.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."