unarmed combat.

Started by DudeXtreme, April 19, 2004, 08:58:46 PM

I was just wondering if there was an 'unarmed combat' skill or something to that effect.  I didn't find it in the helpfiles.  If there isn't, can people get better at it anyways?  And if not, why not?

You can get better at unarmed combat, although it is not a skill.  But it will always be inferior to armed combat.
Back from a long retirement

Your "offense" score seems to have some effect on whether or not you hit an opponent unarmed, and how much damage you do. Your stats also appear to play a role.

Unfortunately, Armageddon has no advanced code for hand to hand combat - an unarmed opponent versus an armed opponent will result in the unarmed opponent almost always being killed. However, if you are playing a character with a high score in their "disarm" skill, and your opponent is not very skilled in their chosen weapon(s) while you fight them unarmed, you can sometimes disarm them (not recommended). Seeing as your opponent can recover faster than you can after you succeed a disarm attempt, I'm not really sure this has any practical use unless your opponent is lagged from a previous move, but it does look flashy.