Code Oddities

Started by Seeker, April 19, 2004, 02:45:13 PM

I was just thinking back to some of the code oddities mentioned in another thread and wondering what else players could think of that was out there.

Sleeping standing up, your mounts reacting as if in combat when you take poison damage, only acheiving your full stamina if you sleep fully attired, there are quite a few.  Without giving away any elite secrets, what else can you think of?

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

The fact that you age in mid-day .... or at least all of my chars seem to. I check in the morning it says x number of days, check it at high sun, it says y number of days. Now that's odd.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Not being able to shoot a crossbow while reclining. :)
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

Not being able to open/close your backpack/belt/cloak while resting.  Not beign able look out when you are sitting in a dark cave and there is light outside
some of my posts are serious stuff

Hehe, first time I tried this and found it out...I thought I had gone blind or something. :lol:

QuoteNot beign able look out when you are sitting in a dark cave and there is light outside
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

using the idea and other ooc commands to find out it messed with your crafting.
uppers.

Quote from: "Seeker"

Sleeping standing up,

You don't really sleep standing up.  If you are sitting or resting you will stand up, and then lie down.  When you awaken you will be sitting, not standing.

Another one:  You can not Contact a person who is in a dark room.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Not being able to wish or use the ooc commands while under the influence of certain toxins.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

The fact that you age in mid-day .... or at least all of my chars seem to. I check in the morning it says x number of days, check it at high sun, it says y number of days. Now that's odd.

Julian Days (the "days" used for astronomical observations on Earth) also start at noon.  Not as odd as you think!

If you perform and ooc action and it breaks your concentration, go ahead and bug it.  everytime I've done this it has been fixed by the next weekly update, and I get to see my name listed and a bug fixer....
Vettrock

When you are asleep, you are laying down. If you wake, you are sitting up - but if you are RPing an injury, and you're still bleeding, you might not want to sit - you just want to "regain consciousness" and still remain laying down. But "wake" forces you to sit, and you then have to "rest" to lay down again. And yeah I idea'd it - that you should be able to wake from sleeping and be reclining rather than sitting.

The door opening and closing code in general. Its just...odd to me.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Two really bother me.... not being able to open a pack when resting and not being able to rest on bed furniture or couch furniture is my biggest pet oddity.

Others?

Not being able to contact or listen while crafting.
Seeing a shout emote like this from an arena:
    The bulky, well hung gladiator shouts from below, " (waving his sword dangerously close to his much too small loincloth) For the Highlord's glory!".
Not being able to use ~personal item in a walkmote.
Not knowing when sneak of hide fail. You can tell when a peek fails but you can't tell people can see you? (besides people actually typing l sneaker).
The way you can't use 2.item/2.personwiththesamesdesckeyword in an emote.
The "You can't see a thing; sand swirls about you!" when there's no storm and it's only a moonless night.

There's more but I need more coffee.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

How you can "leave" and never stumble around and lose your bearings.
How sometimes that barrel will give you a good 3-4 "drink" and then sometimes it will only give one. (Has something to do with RP, but 3-4 drinks are better than one)
You can't shoot a crossbow from the "Sitting" position. (even though it would make your aim better, supposedly)
It says scrabs look somewhat like mantis in thier desc. But noone ever does this:
"L N" at the scrab then say "Hey! Mantis are invading!"
Or how you can "l e" and see that jozhal that is far far away

Just the ones I could think of
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

QuoteIt says scrabs look somewhat like mantis in thier desc. But noone ever does this:
"L N" at the scrab then say "Hey! Mantis are invading!"

Sure? :) I know a northerner who did this when he first came to south.
Err, about the code? All's said. Jozhals aiding scrabs? That one did make me laugh.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

A Kruth deck has an infinite number of cards.  Cards can not be returned to the deck after being dealt, so you have to break them like some weirdo with a card tearing fetish.  ;)

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "ShaLeah"Not being able to use ~personal item in a walkmote.

You can't? Heh heh... I must've looked pretty silly then. Sorry.  :P