Wear locations flaw

Started by cisalus, April 19, 2004, 01:24:01 AM

I don't think

wear stuff left shoulder
or
wear stuff left ankle
etc.

works...

It would be nice if I could choose which shoulder I want to put my patch on..

Anyone else agree with this flaw?

That will not work.
You also can't specify which finger you wear rings on.

WEAR_LOCATIONS                                                   (Equipment)

The following are the valid wear locations for use with the 'wear'
command.

belt         finger           neck           body            head
   legs         feet             hands          arms            about
   waist        wrist            primary hand   secondary hand  back
   on belt      both hands       hair           face            ankle
   left ear     right ear        forearms       shoulder        about throat

Those are things you can type to wear things.

It would be nice.

My advice is to buy a cheap piece of eq for the shoulder or ankle and then wear that, wear the item you want on your left shoulder, then remove the cheap item and you should be good.

Heh, I had to deal with worse once.

A character of mine lost her hand, I think it was her right hand.  Anyway, despite losing her right hand she still had the 5 fingers on her right hand because of some weirdness in the code.  Obviously you can't (or shouldn't) wear rings on a phantom hand, that is just going to freak people out.  :P  So shortly after the incident I had to go buy a few cheap rings, then sit in my room playing with them until all of my important rings were on my left hand, at which point I could remove and discard the rings on my right hand.  That took a few mintutes.  

Equipment shuffling is a crude way of dealing with the problem, but it does work.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

What about blank equipment?

They wouldn't show any echo when they'd be put on... T'Would only show in your inventory as 'A blank', and this blank item could be worn anywhere, fit anyone, but wouldn't show in equipment or look, couldn't be dropped, couldn't be stolen, and could only be broken when you're done with it.

Only trouble would be obtaining them.

[Edit] I find it hard to find shoulder eq...

Eq shuffling works.  I've done it.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "Gilvar"That will not work.
You also can't specify which finger you wear rings on.

WEAR_LOCATIONS                                                   (Equipment)

The following are the valid wear locations for use with the 'wear'
command.

belt         finger           neck           body            head
   legs         feet             hands          arms            about
   waist        wrist            primary hand   secondary hand  back
   on belt      both hands       hair           face            ankle
   [b]left ear[/b]    [b]right ear[/b]        forearms       shoulder        about throat

Those are things you can type to wear things.

Right ear?
Left ear?

If that's possible, wouldn't it be more than easy to code shoulders, fingers, etc. as such?

Quote from: "cisalus"What about blank equipment?

They wouldn't show any echo when they'd be put on... T'Would only show in your inventory as 'A blank', and this blank item could be worn anywhere, fit anyone, but wouldn't show in equipment or look, couldn't be dropped, couldn't be stolen, and could only be broken when you're done with it.

Only trouble would be obtaining them.

[Edit] I find it hard to find shoulder eq...

I like this idea, but you shouldn't actually have to get the piece of eq.  It should just be a command like "blank".

blank shoulder
You decide to keep nothing on your left shoulder.

wear ring
You wear the ring on your left hand.
blank hand
You decide to wear nothing on your right hand.
wear ring
You wear the ring on your left hand.

etc.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Right ear?
Left ear?

If that's possible, wouldn't it be more than easy to code shoulders, fingers, etc. as such?

Probably, but I know zippo about coding, so I have no clue. I just know that there are not current slots for it, so I didn't want him thinking it was a flaw, or a recent bug. Its just not a currently implemented feature.

Maybe someone can idea it ingame, or write an email to MUD. One of the code-savvy guys may be able to help.

Choosing to wear something on the right wrist or the left would be fairly easy to initiate. It's the fingers, out of all of the numerous wear locs, that would give problems.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870