NOT FUNNY!

Started by Synthesis, April 17, 2004, 07:13:34 PM

Oh...my...god...

Since I've got a good case of viral gastroenteritis brewing up here, I quite literally almost shat myself when I read that staff announcement about WotC acquiring ArmageddonMUD.

I'm over here in Iraq, fighting the not-so-good fight, so I'm not playing, and this is the first time I've checked the boards for a -long- while...when I read that, the watch officer had to physically restrain me from launching the laptop into the far wall.

-SO- not funny.

:evil:
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

When you get the chance, you should post about what it's like over there.

Good luck, shoot some bad guys for me.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

Yeah it was funny.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Good luck to!
uppers.

Synthesis,

Being here safe in the States (where it is not as safe as we once liked to believe), there isn't a whole lot I can say about your experiences in Iraq.

I served four years in the U.S. Army during the relatively 'quiescent' Reagan years.  I believe the biggest events of that time were Grenada and the tearing down of the Berlin wall (we were watching that going on on the news in the barracks.  I never thought I'd see grown men crying tears of joy...especially soldiers...but it happened.  Maybe it was the beer and Jim Beam.  *shrug*).

Anyway, I just wanted to say 'Thank you' to you and all the other members of our armed forces who are out there, putting your lives on the line for our country, and for other, much less fortunate peoples of the world.  We at home cannot know what you're going through for our sakes, but to live it ourselves.  I thank the gods for you.  Because of you we don't have to live through it.

Be strong.  Be just.  Be safe.  And come home to us.
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

Quote from: "naatok"

Ditto.

ShaL
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: "ShaLeah"
Quote from: "naatok"
Ditto.

Add me to that list.  I'm sorry you had to read that one.
Vendyra