Strength increase

Started by Fheri, April 17, 2004, 02:21:40 PM

My character's strength is below average, and since he has a somewhat dangerous occupation I'd like to raise that to prolong his life.  Is there a way to increase this code wise, or would I have to role play him exercising and send the log files to an Imm and have the stat changed?

I think it would be very unrealistic if I couldn't change this stat.  Anyone who exercises every day will increase their strength in at least a few months.

Or you could change occupations, develop a combat style (if this is a combat issue) that is more a function of agility than strength or even work your way up into management.

It's just like real life!  :-)
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

You could I would think:
Your main thoing would be to role-play, and you would have to make sure that if you were doing this in real life, would it increase your strength?
You just gotta be realalistic.
Once you think you had done what you had accomplished, maybe many ic years of hard exercing and pilates. Then you should send the logs to mud@ginka.armageddon.org

One of my past characters was a little on the chubby side. He was ordered to lose weight, so I rped many ic months of hard-core exercising. Running, pushups, you know, the works. Then I sent Naephet my logs, and he agreed, and changed by description. There was no actual "code" change, just a coded visual description change. Anyways, you will just have to see what he says. I would also think it would depend on what the other levels of your other things are, like wisdom and such. Maybe you could make a trade, like instead of good endurance, you could get average endurance for a bonus strength. Only consider this after you have done all your rping though.

Hope it helps.
uppers.

Stats have little to do with the succes of your character.  Just play it out, and you'll see that being clever will keep you alive, while absolutely incredible strength will not.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Absolutely, my best char's have all had absolute toilet rolls.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Quote from: "uberjazz"Stats have little to do with the succes of your character.  Just play it out, and you'll see that being clever will keep you alive, while absolutely incredible strength will not.

I agree completely, I've had characters with agro stats but in the game do nothing....

Time tells all, if you're good or not it all goes away when you reach 5 days of play time
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

You are allowed to reroll once.  "Help Reroll"

If you are young for your race (seen with "score") then your strength may go up a little when you reach adult.  If you want high strength it is best to avoid making young or old characters.

Finally, don't forget that stats are relative to race.  So a human or dwarf with below average strength will still be stronger than the average elf.

Good luck.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

QuoteOnce you think you had done what you had accomplished, maybe many ic years of hard exercing and pilates. Then you should send the logs to Naephet@armageddon.org

I would avoid emailing Naephet on this issue. I would, instead, email it to the mud account, at mud@ginka.armageddon.org. Naephet handles special apps, which is a different thing than emailing for a stat-raise.
Tlaloc
Legend

Take Steroids....
dropped everything and held my breath. This could not be happening. This was not my life. I began panting, all alone in a locked cubicle in a half-decent restaurant in France with a dead tapeworm hanging out my ass.

On one side, I think it would be completely IC and reasonable to request a stat raise after roleplaying and logging intense training. There's nothing wrong with your character wanting to better themselves, just like many of you often do.
On the flip side, hundreds of lengthy logs sent to the staff and clogging the account would cause congestion, and no doubt cause many of them to pull out their hair at the frustration of doling out these stat bumps.
In other words, I have no opinion on this matter. Exit, stage left.
Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.
- Arthur Golden

You might want to look into spice.

It'd at least be more interesting than emoting about weight-lifting for eight jillion years.

Quote from: "jstorrie"You might want to look into spice.

It'd at least be more interesting than emoting about weight-lifting for eight jillion years.

Bah, Spice was SOO old time-setting. Its got no place in the new time era.
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

And just because your strength is increasing does not mean that it merits going up a 'word' on your score sheet. You could be working out at average strength and still be at average strength while realistically stronger. People want instant gratification in the term of a word-raise on their score sheet after a single log. Sometimes not even one log.

This makes me want to create a character, and then mail in a log of getting some kind of severe head trauma and asking for very poor wisdom :D
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]