Started by Callisto, April 16, 2004, 08:57:28 PM

So is it a...

Good idea.
12 (41.4%)
Bad idea.
17 (58.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: April 16, 2004, 08:57:28 PM

I've been thinking we could expand the re-roll system.

We can re-roll all of them at once now. How about an option to re-roll one stat?

>re-roll self strength
Your strength is now above average.

You would have to choose one or the other: You can re-roll the whole character, or you can re-roll one stat. Not both.

It would give people the option to re-roll a critical statistic, such a muscular warrior with poor strength, without throwing the other stats to the wind in an all or nothing.

I'm aware some people could abuse this in an attempt to gain maximized stats, but some people do this as it is with the current system. The risk is greater, but the possible gain is greater as well. The option of re-rolling a single stat is no different, just on a smaller scale in both risk and gain.

Just an idea.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

The problem with this is many times you end up with at least one pretty good stat and one pretty weak stat.  This would allow you to re-roll you weak stat without much risk.  So if my wisdom is poor, I don't have a lot to lose by re-rolling just Wisdom.  however If I have AI strength, AI agility, poor wisdom, and AI endurance, Do you think the person is going to reroll because their wisdom is low?  probably not since their is a good chance some of the stats which are good will get worse.  If your stats are bad all around, then you can reroll all of them and probably won't get much worse.  I myself rarely re-roll unless all of my stats are pretty bad. and even then I might not fearing the worst....
Vettrock

Yeah, I think it would take all the risk away from rerolling. You really wouldn't have anything to lose by rerolling your worst stat every time.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I agree...having the ability to selectively reroll is going to increase the average stats in the game.

What I -would- like to see though, is something like I described here:

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8053

It would be nice to assign your numbers among the four stats. You would have the identical numbers, but could decide which stat gets which number, in order to better align with your character concept.