Assist [subdue]

Started by SailorMars, April 16, 2004, 06:19:01 PM

Has it ever been suggested that one person could 'assist' a subduer or a subduee? So if person A is already subduing person B, and another player assists the attacker, and succeeds, then two people are subduing the victim (one on arms, one on legs). The victim would have to break free twice to get out of it. If someone assists the victim and succeeds, the victim's chance to break free is jacked up by however good of a wrestler ther person helping them is.

Just a thought...
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

I think it's been suggested before, I personally would love to see it implemented.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Whatever happened to just hauling out a weapon and beaning the attacker?  Seems that would have the right effect...

Seriously though, I like the idea.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

I think JGG is on the right path hehe. A big weapon is better.  8)

I suggested it before I think

My suggestion was you have basically an autoassistsubdue flag that you can turn on or off for someone.

autoassis6subdue captain

Now when captain tries to subdue someone I help and he gets a bonus or something.

Someone else suggested something along the lines that subdue would take a while sort of like craftingI imagine. And before the final result you are free to also attempt to join in on the subduing.

Or see here it is I found it:
http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2583&highlight=subdue

You begin trying to subdue ~poka.
The poka man walks east.
You do not see them here.
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

Quote from: "sacac"You begin trying to subdue ~poka.
The poka man walks east.
You do not see them here.

Captain begins attempting to pin you down.

e;e;e

You are fighting off ~captain, use flee.

Good idea.  It is all realistic, but there might be problem when someone assists your subdue, and then tries to move.  But it is easy to solve I guess.  The same thing that if two guys are carrying a large item might be applied.  That is, if one of them is following the other, the leader makes the way.  If they are not following, and one of them moves, he releases.
some of my posts are serious stuff

alright.. as long asit doesn't follow the crafting idea :)
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.