What in Krath is with that!

Started by Annoyed Citizen., April 15, 2004, 06:48:37 PM

Alright... now its not the fact that one is stolen from... doesn't bother me all that much. Actually I find it kind of funny. But what the hell is with stealing things right out of people's hands? I mean... how does a thief figure your not going to notice something slipped OUT OF YOUR HANDS unless your asleep. Or extremely drunk. But an alert person, sitting there with something in their hands. And someone comes along and snatches it.. NO RP THAT THE PERSON BEING STOLEN FROM CAN SEE. Meaning..

So and so snatches the thingie out of your hand and splits.

In this instance.. seing that would be much more realistic.. and fun.

Gives you a chance to react... blink and run after the person who did it. Or stand there and shout "theif! Theif!"

But snatching something RIGHT OUT of someone's hands. When they aren't in anyway incapasitated... I mean really. And then skulking out.. so its just like that... just.. in bad taste in my opinion. Seems twinkish to me as well.... taking things off the body.. that's actually easily done with the person not noticing. But right out of the hand!

Alright.. I'm done ranting now...

Alright... this was supposed to be in the rp section. My apologizes.

Editted to be moved to new thread.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

It's either a question for code or RP,

SL covered the code side, I'll cover the rp side of it right quick.

If it was stolen from your invent, tis true the thief player could do an emote and make the theft well played out, I appluad them.  IMO that is above and beyond but in no way required.  Someone who doesn't give you emotes and such before robbing you is NOT A BAD RPER.

For a few reasons.

One, theft is a hidden action.  Much like hide, sure you could emote yuo're hiding behind something, but that would give you away, the code just doesn't allow for pcs to emote out their hidden actions without making it painfully obvious what was going on.  On top of that even if they could and the code somehow let them keep themselves anonymous, 9 out of 10 times they would probably have pcs suddenly becoming overly suspcious, even if icly they only felt a slight bump, oocly they know it's a theft.  So how then can you argue that the thief should increase their rp, purely at their own expense?  

Looking at it from the robbed persons prospective, sure it sucks, but the game is actually stacked in your favor.  If you manage your eq right, you're pretty much impossible to steal from , in addition to that, I don't think a maxed out pickpocket can get a 100% garenteed success.  

My point is, because one thing is great rp (emoting out a theft) Doesn't mean the oposite is bad rp.  No, you can't expect a thief pc to put themselves on the line to rp something out, they don't know that you'll be a reasonable player and actually play along.  Much like emoting sticking your tongue out at somenoe after they look away only to have them see you somehow, or emote someone pointing it out or seeing a reflection of it.  Hidden actions are just that, hidden.  Theft is hidden.  In a city hundreds of people bump into you a day most likely.

Quote from: "spawnloser"Editted to be moved to new thread.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]