Tailors...

Started by ashjpd, April 13, 2004, 09:07:02 PM

I have been thinking for a while what is so great about the sub-class Tailor. I was wondering why they do not have the capability to make clothes into different sizes, after all, that is partly what a tailor does. Is it to hard to code? And if so, would it be possible to wish up and ask for an immortal to help with changing sizes? I was just thinking cause you really don't get much from that sub-guild besides clothworking right?
uppers.

You get more than one skill from any subguild.  What the subguild gets, I won't say, but I will say that the helpfile does tell you what they get.  As far as being able to resize clothing or make it the appropriate size, I would have loved that for a previous character of mine...but as far as I understand, you do need to wish up if you want to do so.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Eh, thanks, but how about this:
When a tailor makes something from cloth, could the item of cloth automaticly be their size? Instead of having to wish up, it would save a lot of trouble for most people I would think. Just a thought
uppers.

Ah... an ever better idea, how about, since a tailor should be able to make sizes, a piece of clothing that a pc tailor makes doesn't have a particular size, until worn by a person yet, then it takes that form. It might be abused, but I like it.
uppers.

Something.  I'm not sure how to target someone so that it comes out their size...as you should be able to make it to someone's size.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I believe you have to work with the racial sizes (see help size) in these reguards.  As far as coded sizing for pcs, if it's not there it's probably something that's on the list to be in game eventually, though I just can't imagine it would be that important/easy to do.  For instance they'd have to code so the craft of sizing took materials and then how much it took.  For instance, sizing from half elf to human might be a matter of snipping and sowing.  Sizing from half elf to half giant would be like remaking the outfit many times over.

Yeah.. it would be a whole new skill when I think about it. craft sandcloth into:
you could craft the sandcloth into:
the small size for a half-giant
the regular size for a half-giant
the large size for a half-giant
the small size for a himan..
and so on and so forth. Interesting, but not important, I agree.
uppers.